Bitcoin

BayRaider

20 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

That's literally impossible unless every coin out there literally goes negative.  I already took my profit from the last run out. 

Money is fungible.  Let's say what you have there already is worth 100k.  If you wouldn't take 100k cash and put it back into what you currently have in crypto, then you should pull out what you do have  in crypto and put it in something you would be comfortable investing that 100k in.

House money is a logical fallacy, in line with the sunk cost fallacy.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, mission27 said:

The real question is has the second great bitcoin bubble popped or is this a lul on the path to an even bigger bubble 

My opinion: it will probably go up a little more first before popping.  I think the facebook crypto thing has more people temporarily interested.

2 hours ago, theJ said:

Money is fungible.  Let's say what you have there already is worth 100k.  If you wouldn't take 100k cash and put it back into what you currently have in crypto, then you should pull out what you do have  in crypto and put it in something you would be comfortable investing that 100k in.

House money is a logical fallacy, in line with the sunk cost fallacy.

You're a logical fallacy.  The bottom line is that crypto to me is gambling.  It's fun.  It makes up literally less than 2 percent of what I have invested.  People acting like I'm making a mistake for keeping 1,500 dollars in it for fun are probably the type of people who yell at kids for throwing a penny into a wishing well. 

Leave me and my penny and my wishing well alone. 

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

You're a logical fallacy.  The bottom line is that crypto to me is gambling.  It's fun.  It makes up literally less than 2 percent of what I have invested.  People acting like I'm making a mistake for keeping 1,500 dollars in it for fun are probably the type of people who yell at kids for throwing a penny into a wishing well. 

Leave me and my penny and my wishing well alone. 

Lol.  You do you.  I never said it was a mistake.  Just pointing out the justification is bunk.

Your explanation/justification in this post was actually a much better one, imo.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2019 at 3:19 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Glad to hear it's at least closer to the crazy high prices. Now maybe some people who bought at the wrong time can get out losing a finger or two instead of their whole arm.

Absolutely, which is probably why we saw a massive sell off in a very short period of time when it hit 13k. 

It will be interesting to see if this new upper level (13k) and lower level (10.5k) limits that have been established recently get tested over the next 2-3 weeks. whichever one of these barriers it breaks through first will determine the next 6 months  IMO. If it dips below 10k I dont think it will get back to five figures for a long while. If breaks 13... Might roar up to 16 or 17 (or higher). 

I'm buying at 13/14, and selling at 10, as crazy as that sounds 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 3/9/2020 at 8:04 AM, MookieMonstah said:

Corona is plummeting bit coin right now. Might buy some if it dips below 6k.

I’m done buying coins and I’ll just leave it alone until it makes headlines again.  I’m not afraid of volatility, but crypto is about the least predictable investment possible.