Bitcoin

BayRaider

13 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Thank you.  It feels good.  It's been about three years of me putting a little bit at a time in.  Twenty here, fifty there, every once in a while as much as 200 at a time. 

And yeah, @BrettFavre004, I definitely wouldn't be buying Bitcoin right now.  It's WAY too volatile.  Jumps around like 8,000 dollars in value overnight. 

If I were someone trying to get into it I would do Litecoin or Ethereum right now.  Ethereum is still 200 dollars from its all time high.  So is Litecoin, but Litecoin's all-time high would be a 100% profit right now if it got back there (which I think it will). 

I have also been plugging Stellar Lumens pretty hard for a while now.  I've been putting a lot into it over the past year just because I had a gut feeling on it and I liked its name.  It went from 13 cents each to a high of 41 cents each literally overnight.  That was 2,000 dollars for me overnight on Stellar Lumens alone. 

I know a while ago I said it makes as much sense or more to invest in Bitcoin than the alt coins, but that's not true right now.  Bitcoin is too high and it's bound for a correction, but the other of the big three aren't even at their all-time highs yet and I think they will be. 

Glad to know I'm not the only one who's been going hard on Stellar the past year :)

The one that I'm considering next is Decentraland (MANA) just because it gives me serious Ready Player One vibes

On 1/8/2021 at 8:11 AM, MookieMonstah said:

I can see all the cryptocurrency on robinhood but for some reason I don't have the option to buy it, why is that?

I just tried to buy dogecoin when it dropped to .0069 a few days ago but it wouldn’t let me despite having $1500 buying power. Sounds like your money has to settle now before you can use it on crypto. So once the $1500 becomes withdrawal-able to your bank, it’s usable on crypto. Which is kinda lame cause doge has already chunked up a bit since then lol

On 1/8/2021 at 10:32 AM, BrettFavre004 said:

Welp, just got $200 worth of Ethereum through Coinbase, already lost $2 🤣

I'm officially a crypto junkie,  

Guess I should have waited a week, haha. 

Either way my goal is to keep throwing in money whenever I got it, try to get like the 10-20 gains.  

If transaction costs were a little cheaper, I'd consider trying to play the volatility a little more.  Can you do any options trading with crypto anywhere?

29 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I just tried to buy dogecoin when it dropped to .0069 a few days ago but it wouldn’t let me despite having $1500 buying power. Sounds like your money has to settle now before you can use it on crypto. So once the $1500 becomes withdrawal-able to your bank, it’s usable on crypto. Which is kinda lame cause doge has already chunked up a bit since then lol

On coinbase, it is letting me use it instantly. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, JonStark said:

If someone could tell me not to panic, that would be great. 

Don't panic unless you are going to die within the next four years.

If you won't die in the next four years, you will be fine. 

It's probably going to drop below 20,000 for a while, probably get to 15,000. 

Then it will fluctuate between 15,000 to 20,000 for four years before it's at 80,000 in 2024. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CBears019 said:

I threw $50 into dogecoin today because it’s so incredibly cheap.  It’s roughly doubled in value since then.  Does it typically fluctuate this much?

I've been told Wall Street Bets is pumping Dogecoin next.

So buckle up. 

I'm personally hoping Dogecoin shoots up to 300 dollars per by tomorrow so I can retire. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Good thing NH doesn't allow crypto trading on robinhood. Smh

Coinbase doesn’t sel Dogecoin either, which sucks.

I have 22,000 shares of Dogecoin at an average price of .007 cents each.

I am at like 700 dollars in profit right now.

I am sooooo tempted to throw 1,000 at it tomorrow.

If they could send GameStop to 400, they could get Dogecoin to 70 cents.