Bitcoin

BayRaider

Is anyone into NFTs or know much about them?  I see a bunch of people on Twitter talking about them and they’re making it seem like they’re making hundreds of thousands of dollars on a simple picture of an ape, punk, etc. and it just seems way too good to be true.  Like there’s got to be a catch that I’m not seeing, right?

ive thought about trying to create my own NFTs, but them i remember that I’m not creative and have no artistic ability whatsoever.  Also i don’t know what NFTs truly are.

On 10/25/2021 at 7:18 PM, CBears019 said:

Is anyone into NFTs or know much about them?  I see a bunch of people on Twitter talking about them and they’re making it seem like they’re making hundreds of thousands of dollars on a simple picture of an ape, punk, etc. and it just seems way too good to be true.  Like there’s got to be a catch that I’m not seeing, right?

ive thought about trying to create my own NFTs, but them i remember that I’m not creative and have no artistic ability whatsoever.  Also i don’t know what NFTs truly are.

NFT's are basically just digital art, they can be something as simple as a jpeg file or a 1/1 custom film. Just like real art, the Mona Lisa for example, can be replicated but the duplicates have zero value because they're not the original piece of art. The value of NFT's outside of the digital art is that they're all traded on the ETH network with smart contracts built into them. So for example I can create an NFT with a smart contract built in that says if you the buyer ever sells it, I receive 15% of the profit. And if you ever do sell it for a profit, me as the original artist would automatically receive a % in ETH.

Going back to Ethereum 2.0′s adaptive yield curve, the blockchain looks to incentivize enough validators to properly secure the network and not any more. Assuming that staking yield falls around 3%, Ethresear.ch’s model predicts that the long-term supply of ether may fall anywhere between 27.3-49.5 million ETH or 23%-42% of today’s supply.

ETH to the moon

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

So I did it again with Shiba Inu (750 million of them at .000008).

I don't have gut feelings often, but when I do, I should have bought more of it.

I was only brave enough to buy 1.7 million lol. My average is .00002936 looking forward to it knocking off zero or two

• 7 months later...
On 1/8/2021 at 10:32 AM, BrettFavre004 said:

Welp, just got $200 worth of Ethereum through Coinbase, already lost $2 🤣

I'm officially a crypto junkie,  

Bought my very first crypto on Jan 8th that day, Eth for $1224.  Just bought a little more this morning at $1198 😭

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/3/2022 at 11:50 AM, PARROTHEAD said:

I dont follow Bitcoin very closely. Anyone get the feeling this could test 15k soon? Bouncing off 19-20 a couple times. Doesnt really look like its found a comfortable bottom yet. Any insight?

-I think the floor is 7-10k

• 3 months later...

I'm Bitcoin illiterate. I fully get the concept and idea behind it. I just don't know about execution and which wallets/app to trust. Hoping someone can help me out with this...

Apparently I bought some long ago. How much, I don't remember. While cleaning out some old paperwork I found my "bitcoin key". At least that's what I wrote down. Any idea on what steps I need to take to figure out how much, if any, I have?

Edited by kingseanjohn

12 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I'm Bitcoin illiterate. I fully get the concept and idea behind it. I just don't know about execution and which wallets/app to trust. Hoping someone can help me out with this...

Apparently I bought some long ago. How much, I don't remember. While cleaning out some old paperwork I found my "bitcoin key". At least that's what I wrote down. Any idea on what steps I need to take to figure out how much, if any, I have?

I have an app for that. Why don't you PM me your key and I'll find that information for you.

Jokes aside, read this article and see if it helps.

https://www.sofi.com/learn/content/what-is-a-bitcoin-address/

If a little bit a long time ago was somewhere in the 12 years ago, 100 dollars range, you're a billionaire.

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I have an app for that. Why don't you PM me your key and I'll find that information for you.

Jokes aside, read this article and see if it helps.

https://www.sofi.com/learn/content/what-is-a-bitcoin-address/

If a little bit a long time ago was somewhere in the 12 years ago, 100 dollars range, you're a billionaire.

Thanks for the input but I don’t think it’s what I’m looking for. All I have is the private key… Guess it’s time to rebuild my old computer and try some hard dives for the public. 

• 4 weeks later...