Bitcoin

BayRaider

12 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Seems like finally time to buy while its down

It'll go a bit lower.

The time to buy will be February-ish 2024. That's when it will be at its lowest. The next Bitcoin halving will be sometime between March-May 2024.

If you want to put money into crypto now, put it into USD Coin and just take advantage of that APY and no fees. Then you'll have that ready for when it's actually time to buy.

If you insist on buying now, buy Algorand or Cosmos. They pay 5.75% and 5% APY.

If I had to bet, I'd say:
Bitcoin gets down to 12,000
Ethereum down to 800.
The rest will probably drop by about 20%.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 2:48 PM, ET80 said:

Hopefully none of you were using FTX…?

I used the app to track prices but that's it. Once I read about that dude being a large political donor, I knew I'd never use them but if I knew they were partying like this, I might've changed my mind.

https://www.latestly.com/social-viral/the-ftx-downfall-story-from-sex-orgies-at-the-luxury-penthouse-to-the-missing-money-heres-everything-to-know-about-the-second-largest-crypto-exchange-platform-and-its-ceo-king-of-crypto-4466649.html

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2022 at 3:09 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Shocked this hasn't been brought up in here yet as this is huge news. A lot of shady **** going on here but w/ political figugres being involved, should anyone be surprised?

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/14/former-ftx-ceo-sam-bankman-fried-loses-lobbyists-to-washington.html

The kid (he really is a kid, had no business being CEO of anything) is on the news being interviewed about it, if that's the right word. He can't answer simple yes-or-no questions, just babbles on about how he's "a numbers guy" and "what are the probabilities" and yadda yadda yadda. I wouldn't trust him with a hot dog stand.

Not a good first impression of bitcoin or crypto or whatever this stuff is called.

Edited by y*so*blu

On 12/3/2022 at 6:24 PM, y*so*blu said:

The kid (he really is a kid, had no business being CEO of anything) is on the news being interviewed about it, if that's the right word. He can't answer simple yes-or-no questions, just babbles on about how he's "a numbers guy" and "what are the probabilities" and yadda yadda yadda. I wouldn't trust him with a hot dog stand.

Not a good first impression of bitcoin or crypto or whatever this stuff is called.

It has more to do with how the company was ran more than anything. Check out this video from the WSJ. It's not perfect, but it gives a basic understanding of what happened.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/20/2022 at 11:26 AM, MacReady said:

It'll go a bit lower.

The time to buy will be February-ish 2024. That's when it will be at its lowest. The next Bitcoin halving will be sometime between March-May 2024.

If you want to put money into crypto now, put it into USD Coin and just take advantage of that APY and no fees. Then you'll have that ready for when it's actually time to buy.

If you insist on buying now, buy Algorand or Cosmos. They pay 5.75% and 5% APY.

If I had to bet, I'd say:
Bitcoin gets down to 12,000
Ethereum down to 800.
The rest will probably drop by about 20%.

I was wrong on the year here. Halving is this coming April, so I must’ve had a brain fart on the February 2024 thing. I still think I was mostly right here. There’s usually a fake bull run before a winter drop.

It’s done this each cycle. The winter before the halving there’s a fake bull run followed by a significant sell off event before the halving, and then it doesn’t drop after the halving for two years, leading to all time highs.

Algo also stopped the 5.75% APY, so I got away from that after I got up to about 5,000 of them. I switched to Cosmos/Solana, building a bag in each of those.

Either January or February I think there’s going to be a dip, and then it’s only up until all time highs in 2025. Next dip will be the summer of 2025, so I’ll buy more again then, but I’ve got 10,000 dollars in USDC and I’m going to unleash it on the next big dump and add weekly from here to an early retirement.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone who doesn't buy Injective in this 35-40 range is going to regret it as much as people who didn't buy it at the 2 dollar range.

My favorite buys right now at their current prices are: Ethereum, Shiba, Injective, Mana, Algo (long term), Rose, TVK, Fetch.ai and BAT.

BAT and Algo are more wishful thinking than the others since I have massive bags of both.

• 3 weeks later...

I held every single bag last cycle. In hindsight I should have taken some profits, but now I have monster bags and I got over that 1 year capital gains tax break on a large chunk of my portfolio.

I don’t know how I’m the only one talking about crypto on here.

Bitcoin ETF approved, coins going crazy all at once… We’re in the warm up phase right now. After the halving this April you will not see prices this good and value this great.

TVK just shot up from 5 cents to 8 cents overnight.

It’s like an active volcano showing signs of eruption right now.

My two main plays this cycle will be SDEX and PAAL.

I’ve got 5k in each of those two so far.

My other favorites in no order are Bitcoin, Ethereum, Rose, Injective, Sol, Mana, Doge and Fetch.ai

On 1/17/2024 at 8:56 AM, MacReady said:

I held every single bag last cycle. In hindsight I should have taken some profits, but now I have monster bags and I got over that 1 year capital gains tax break on a large chunk of my portfolio.

I don’t know how I’m the only one talking about crypto on here.

Bitcoin ETF approved, coins going crazy all at once… We’re in the warm up phase right now. After the halving this April you will not see prices this good and value this great.

TVK just shot up from 5 cents to 8 cents overnight.

It’s like an active volcano showing signs of eruption right now.

My two main plays this cycle will be SDEX and PAAL.

I’ve got 5k in each of those two so far.

My other favorites in no order are Bitcoin, Ethereum, Rose, Injective, Sol, Mana, Doge and Fetch.ai

Do you like XRP?

2 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

Do you like XRP?

Yes, but I didn’t have a big enough bag. Only had about 800 of them, so I converted them to TVK. Under 100,000 invested and you should probably stick to under 25 coins and XRP didn’t make my top 25.

2 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Yes, but I didn’t have a big enough bag. Only had about 800 of them, so I converted them to TVK. Under 100,000 invested and you should probably stick to under 25 coins and XRP didn’t make my top 25.

Top 5 coins for growth this year? I see BTC doubled over the past few months so I think its time. Especially with tax returns coming.

6 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

Top 5 coins for growth this year? I see BTC doubled over the past few months so I think it’s time. Especially with tax returns coming.

SDEX, PAAL, TVK, Rose and… I’d say Injective, but Injective already pumped pretty hard, so maybe Wombat or Fetch.ai

SDEX is my biggest bet/risk this cycle. I’m going to try to get to a million of them by April.

• 3 weeks later...

Bitcoin, Dogecoin, SDEX, Ethereum, Rose, Injective, PAAL, Solana, TVK, Shiba, MANA, Wombat, OPSEC, Chainlink, Algo, Cosmos, Fetch, Mochi, Duel and Onyxcoin are my top bags ranked by total amount of dollars.

I tried to get a solid mix of utility, security, AI, meme and gaming coins this go around. I’m not as high on AI coins as everyone else, but I think everyone else’s obsession with them will get some excellent returns.