Bitcoin

BayRaider

On 8/13/2018 at 12:54 AM, Cheesehawk said:

So how’s everyone feeling bout these lows? 

I ain't buying anymore unless Bitcoin goes below 4,000 or Litecoin goes below 40, but I certainly won't be selling and I'm certainly not panicking.  Does no good to panic at this point.  Definitely laughing at people who were taking out mortgages on their house to buy when Bitcoin was up to like 16,000. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

set it and forget it

people panicking during the lows are the same types that start to buy during the peaks, it's the opposite of what you should be doing

I bought a good amount of Ethereum last April so I'm still positive, but it's hard not to wish I would've sold when it peaked at around 1,400. 

47 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I ain't buying anymore unless Bitcoin goes below 4,000 or Litecoin goes below 40, but I certainly won't be selling and I'm certainly not panicking.  Does no good to panic at this point.  Definitely laughing at people who were taking out mortgages on their house to buy when Bitcoin was up to like 16,000. 

Seriously? That's absurd. I had no idea people were taking out mortgages on their house for crypto. Way to volatile to be gambling that big.

Just now, Cheesehawk said:

Seriously? That's absurd. I had no idea people were taking out mortgages on their house for crypto. Way to volatile to be gambling that big.

It's not so much the gambling aspect of it that bothered me.  What bothered me about it is that they did it while it was at extreme highs.  It's just so frustrating.  I'm not by any means some master investor or anything, but to go against the basic principles of things like this just bother me so bad.  It's like going all in with 7 and 2 offsuit in Texas Hold Em. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

It's not so much the gambling aspect of it that bothered me.  What bothered me about it is that they did it while it was at extreme highs.  It's just so frustrating.  I'm not by any means some master investor or anything, but to go against the basic principles of things like this just bother me so bad.  It's like going all in with 7 and 2 offsuit in Texas Hold Em. 

With a flushed 10 Q K on the table. I see your point. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Buckrock101 said:

any XRP holders here?

if so... you still holding? or cashing out now? pretty crazy seeing it 2x in the space of a few days.

kinda feels like alt season is approaching...

Ive been hodling since a year or so ago, buying a few times at the .20 range.  Its hodl or bust for me.  Ever since all decline, I've kept away from watching crypto.  Just adopted a wait and see approach. I see Ripple changed their logo.  Whats caused the price to spike up, especially with a measly overall total $200 billion market cap.

Edited by jonu62882

On 8/14/2018 at 12:25 PM, Outpost31 said:

It's a desperation to not be the one left out when everybody else is getting rich. It's what fuels speculative bubbles.