Bitcoin

BayRaider

I'm ready to go down with the ship on what I've put in so far.  If I sell, the next week it's back up into making a profit for me if I hadn't sold, so if I'm not getting that money, nobody is getting that money. 

But seriously, pretty sure it had a big dip last year only to go on its massive tear, right?  There's still hope. 

26 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I believe you're thinking of suicide bombers, not securities. ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denarius

It is difficult to give even rough comparative values for money from before the 20th century, as the range of products and services available for purchase was so different. Classical historians often say that in the late Roman Republic and early Roman Empire (~27 BC) the daily wage for an unskilled laborer and common soldier was 1 denarius (with no tax deductions) or about US$2.80 in bread.[13] During the republic (509–27 BC),[when?] legionary pay was 112.5 denarii per year (0.3 per day), later doubled by Julius Caesar to 225 denarii (0.6 per day), with soldiers having to pay for their own food and arms.[citation needed] Centurions received considerably higher pay: under Augustus, the lowest rank of centurion was paid 3,750 denarii per year, and the highest rank, 15,000 denarii.[citation needed]

The silver content of the denarius under the Roman Empire (after Nero) was about 50 grains, 3.24 grams, or 110 (0.105ozt) troy ounce. On June 6, 2011, this was about US$3.62 in value if the silver were 0.999 pure.

Uhh jrry you're obviously wrong. Quick history on the value of the Roman coin Denarius:

• Before 50 BC: Didn't really exist
  • 50 BC - 200 AD: Went to the moon, then steadily came back down
  • 200 AD - 1950 AD: Pretty much zero
  • 1950 AD - Present day: Like a buck

So bitcoin will probably be worth a dollar in like 2000 years tbh.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denarius

Uhh jrry you're obviously wrong. Quick history on the value of the Roman coin Denarius:

• Before 50 BC: Didn't really exist
  • 50 BC - 200 AD: Went to the moon, then steadily came back down
  • 200 AD - 1950 AD: Pretty much zero
  • 1950 AD - Present day: Like a buck

So bitcoin will probably be worth a dollar in like 2000 years tbh.

Every currency will be worth a dollar in 2000 years since none of them will exist and will be novelty. USD will certainly be replaced as will all currencies. Cycle of life. 

21 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

At this point you really don't have a choice but to hold. If you wanna invest more into the market by studying it and working off the patterns then you could sell off some then buy it back if you're sure it's gonna go lower.

Dollar cost averaging is the best method. Anytime it dips more than 10%, buy more. Your average buy in price becomes better and better. 

Although at this point I am fearful for crypto but perhaps these lows is what will finally cause the whales to return. 

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Dollar cost averaging is the best method. Anytime it dips more than 10%, buy more. Your average buy in price becomes better and better. 

Although at this point I am fearful for crypto but perhaps these lows is what will finally cause the whales to return. 

I'm not worried about it. Blockchain has potential for real advancements and applications dealing with every day problems. It's more then just a petrock gimmick the Only thing we will see is the decrease in the different types of coins which are useless. 

Edited by Calvert28

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

I'm not worried about it. Blockchain has potential for real advancements and applications dealing with every day problems. It's more then just a petrock gimmick the Only thing we will see is the decrease in the different types of coins which are useless. 

The reason everything crashed is because we have been hearing that for so long and it just isn’t happening.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

The reason everything crashed is because we have been hearing that for so long and it just isn’t happening.

Yea has nothing to do with all the bad press from banks, tolitarion governments, who also try to ban it and tax the f$%k out of any person who invests in it. There's a reason governments are so resistant to it considering fads come and go all the time and this is one of the few things that has actually experienced serious backlash from world governments.