NFL will not suspend Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill

Buckweath

Wow, the Chiefs are so lucky. Weird situation with the optics of it all. I doubt Hill is with the Chiefs longterm. I wonder if repeatedly controversial news like this is going to affect the NFL's image to the point where it starts to lose fans and money. The teams and players cheating, people involved in domestic abuse scandals, drugs, concussions, Kaepernick, ect.

Just now, chiefs82 said:

Wow. Great news for Hill and the Chiefs. People will still think hes guilty,but that last full tape the media refused to initially air, i think helped his case out

Uhh yeah.

The NFL's statement says "we can't see any of the evidence because it's all sealed, so we have no evidence and can't suspend him". It's not a glowing review dude.

• Like 2

As someone who wanted him cut the second it came out,  I fully agree with no suspension.  I’m starting to think he was falsely accused in college as well.

Glad the Chiefs didn’t react quickly on this one.   

• Like 3

They made it clear that they dont have enough evidence yet to do anything but reserve the right to suspend him quick, fast, and in a hurry.  

In some ways it could have been better for him to get suspended now. I'm sure tha Chiefs would rather loose him for 4 games in September than in December if something comes up.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

They made it clear that they dont have enough evidence yet to do anything but reserve the right to suspend him quick, fast, and in a hurry.  

People are reading the headline and not between the lines of the statement. The NFL could have said "we have reached the end of the investigation process and have chosen to not suspend Tyreek Hill".

They went way, way, way out of their way to say Hill isn't being suspended solely because they don't have access to the police investigation. Then they threw in that the information from the police department was said publicly, to underscore the fact that they got no information that isn't in the public domain.

Anyone reading this saying it absolves Hill is missing the really clear message between the lines.

• Like 2