Training Camp/Pre-Season

Pastor Dillon

That's actually a nice little rep there from Johnson. Granted, it's against Jester Weah, but he's assertive with his hands and made a great play on the ball...

Hopefully there's more where that came from.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ET80 said:

That's actually a nice little rep there from Johnson. Granted, it's against Jester Weah, but he's assertive with his hands and made a great play on the ball...

Hopefully there's more where that came from.

He is a tad too handsy, but the thing that sticks out to me is the fact he is looking for the ball early knowing the down and distance. That is a welcomed sight. 

• Like 1

Hopkins is back from the PUP list today. That’s a good sign. We have the potential to have the best WR corps in the league. 

Nick Martin out for a 2nd day. Good thing Mancz has a ton of experience at center.  

Sounding like our starting 5 might be 

Kalil/Howard/Martin/Fulton/Henderson with Mancz/Kelemete/Davenport/Scharping/Rankin

as our back ups. I feel like we are still short on nfl starters but I think our depth is better this season. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Kalil/Howard/Martin/Fulton/Henderson

This is my big takeaway from everything so far - Howard might end up playing G at this level. I don't have high hopes for Kalil or Davenport, but a Ts job gets easier with a competent G alongside him, and Howard has athletic traits that can be projected to a very good G.

18 hours ago, ET80 said:

You could just ignore the NFL, you know. I wasn't excited for the Rockets, so I didn't watch a single Rockets game last season. Didn't make a difference to me, actually enjoyed NOT watching them.

Nobody is putting a gun to your head and making you watch the Texans - stick to CFB and the Astros if you're this turned off by them.

Edit: Specifically with you... It seems like every 5th post you have in here is "I'm done with this team" or some variation of that. If you're done with this team...then be done with this team. No need to prolong it for another season.

relax bruh.

i cant state my frustration about the organization on a message board? i love sports period so i watch regardless. i'm just saying im not getting my hopes up this season or any season when O'Brien is the HC. Oh and the Rockets and Astros should never be used in the same sentence as the Texans.

Edited by Texansfan713

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

relax bruh.

I should be telling you the same...

i cant state my frustration about the organization on a message board?

That's ALL you do though - I can't even remember the last time you said something positive about this team, and we've talked sports/Texans over the last 10 years. 

Somewhere in those 10 years... something good happened, right? Watt? Watson? Hopkins? Right?

i'm just saying im not getting my hopes up this season or any season when O'Brien is the HC.

Or Kubiak, for that matter. You didn't have many nice things about that tenure if memory serves me right.

Given all of the negatives you've had over a decade, I'm just reading the tea leaves here - you're not happy with this franchise. Move on, it's not a slight on you. Wait for O'Brien to be gone, then you can pick right back up - I'm sure we'll all still be here.

Oh and the Rockets and Astros should never be used in the same sentence as the Texans.

Whether or not you like it, they're all Houston teams. For better or worse, if you're a fan of H-Tine, that's what you have.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

This is my big takeaway from everything so far - Howard might end up playing G at this level. I don't have high hopes for Kalil or Davenport, but a Ts job gets easier with a competent G alongside him, and Howard has athletic traits that can be projected to a very good G.

I am ok with Howard being picked where he was if he is a long term starting LG. late 1st is fine value to get a starting guard. It still leaves us with a hole at LT, but lets be honest, Kalil is the best tackle we have had since Duane Brown left town. not saying hes a long term answer, but still. 

I think long term our offensive line is feature a LT not current on the roster and look like this: LT/Howard/Martin/Rankin/Scharping. Maybe Davenport has a break out year. Brown struggle his first couple seasons as well. If Davenport were to become that guy at LT, we would have a very young talented line for years to come. Its not that we havent addressed the issue in the draft, its that we suck at drafting. 

• Like 1

Lonnie Johnson left practice with a leg injury.

OB starting to get irritated with Warring not being out there

Foreman is terrible in Pass Pro and his job is not promised

Gillaspia is our 2nd best RB pass blocker

Howard continues to impress at LG, seems like a lock to start there, Kalil didn't practice today but Howard stayed at LG

Watson continues to look sharp and very accurate

• Like 2

2 hours ago, amazingandre said:
Lonnie Johnson left practice with a leg injury.

OB starting to get irritated with Warring not being out there

Foreman is terrible in Pass Pro and his job is not promised

Gillaspia is our 2nd best RB pass blocker

Howard continues to impress at LG, seems like a lock to start there, Kalil didn't practice today but Howard stayed at LG

Watson continues to look sharp and very accurate

The warring pick was terrible from the start. 

Hopefully the Johnson injury isn’t serious. 

No one has mentioned Scharping one time all training camp 

13 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

I am offering Kalil, a 2020 3rd, and a conditional 2021 5th (could go as high as a 3rd depending on the # of games TW plays) 

I would also try to get Fabian Moreau in any deal.  But I am super greedy.

I doubt we make a big trade without a GM

• Like 1