Training Camp/Pre-Season

Pastor Dillon

4 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Ya there’s zero chance we have 2 UDFA rookies backing up Miller. Really wish we could have snagged Reddick, but oh well. I think we sign a roster cut from another team.

i hear carlos hyde might be cut, i'd be happy if we got him

29 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Foreman got cut this morning!!

On 8/1/2019 at 4:55 PM, ET80 said:

I think BOB knows how to push D'Onta in the right direction - we heard the same sort of talk during Foreman's rookie season, and you saw Foreman explode when he finally got on the field. I think if Foreman didn't blow his ankle out, we'd hear more about how Foreman still isn't doing it right, simply to push Foreman to keep working hard.

Welp, so much for motivation.

28 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Good or bad news for you guys?

It's...news. I'm numb to it now, Foreman had the physical skill to be a beast, but apparently his work ethic is crap. 

I'm just bothered - the work ethic issue hasn't been a real secret, BOB had Foreman basically move into the proverbial doghouse. So, if this direction was even a fleeting though - why not sign something more than two UDFAs and a ST guy this off-season? There was plenty of RB talent to be had, moreso than usual (Bell, Coleman, Ingram, etc). The draft didn't have star power at RB, but there was some solid guys to work with - draft one! The Texans didn't bother re-signing Alfred Blue, that's 100+ carries you have to account for now - and you're accounting for it with completely unproven talent. 

If this was a potential move, plan around it - don't just throw Lamar Miller into a 300+ carry situation, or expect two undrafted rookies to take on that work. 

That's my real gripe. If Foreman is lazy, cut him. No problem with that. But have a plan in the event this happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

It's...news. I'm numb to it now, Foreman had the physical skill to be a beast, but apparently his work ethic is crap. 

I'm just bothered - the work ethic issue hasn't been a real secret, BOB had Foreman basically move into the proverbial doghouse. So, if this direction was even a fleeting though - why not sign something more than two UDFAs and a ST guy this off-season? There was plenty of RB talent to be had, moreso than usual (Bell, Coleman, Ingram, etc). The draft didn't have star power at RB, but there was some solid guys to work with - draft one! The Texans didn't bother re-signing Alfred Blue, that's 100+ carries you have to account for now - and you're accounting for it with completely unproven talent. 

If this was a potential move, plan around it - don't just throw Lamar Miller into a 300+ carry situation, or expect two undrafted rookies to take on that work. 

That's my real gripe. If Foreman is lazy, cut him. No problem with that. But have a plan in the event this happens.

You also can’t have your RB2 not being a contributor on special teams, unless your Mark Ingram/Alvin Kamara.

I agree there should be a plan in place outside of the rookie+Ferguson, but that’s on Gaine, and one of the main reasons he’s gone.

We will sign a veteran who’s cut in a couple weeks, and one the young guys will be the RB3.

Will then get whatever is left out of Miller in his last year of his contact, and hopefully use a 2nd or 3rd rounder on a potential impact back next draft. There’s some talent coming up in that area too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jaytrajik said:

I agree with all that but why cut him now? Let the preseason play out then make your roster adjustments. I don't see any value in cutting him now before they even played a preseason game. It's baffling. 

Cause you give more reps to the 2 UDFAs and Ferguson 

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 3:33 PM, ET80 said:

I should be telling you the same...

That's ALL you do though - I can't even remember the last time you said something positive about this team, and we've talked sports/Texans over the last 10 years. 

Somewhere in those 10 years... something good happened, right? Watt? Watson? Hopkins? Right?

Or Kubiak, for that matter. You didn't have many nice things about that tenure if memory serves me right.

Given all of the negatives you've had over a decade, I'm just reading the tea leaves here - you're not happy with this franchise. Move on, it's not a slight on you. Wait for O'Brien to be gone, then you can pick right back up - I'm sure we'll all still be here.

Whether or not you like it, they're all Houston teams. For better or worse, if you're a fan of H-Tine, that's what you have.

I have said plenty of positive things about the Texans especially during Kubiak's tenure.  I'm just tired of the way O'Brien is running this team when its clear he isn't showing improvement.  I'm not the only one who feels that way either.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Gillaspia could end up being our 3rd down back. He’s a great blocker and underrated catcher. He’s now the 2nd highest drafted back on our roster. 

we are screwed if that happens. best bet is to wait to see who gets cut in the preseason.

24 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I have said plenty of positive things about the Texans especially during Kubiak's tenure.  I'm just tired of the way O'Brien is running this team when its clear he isn't showing improvement.  I'm not the only one who feels that way either.

No I’m in the #NeverBOB list too 

• Like 1