Training Camp/Pre-Season

Pastor Dillon

5 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I read that Clowney plans to return after the 3rd pre season game. Like what’s the point? Why not come back now. 

They were talking about this yesterday - week four is where guys who are locks to make the team (starters, in essence) start prepping for W1 of the Regular Season. I mean, it's not like guys like Watt or McKinney need to worry about W4 of the preseason, that game is usually reserved for guys on the bubble and in danger of missing the final cut. 

Clowney coming back after the W3 "dress rehearsal" game means he's going to walk in and immediately start preparing for the Saints. Makes sense, kind of.

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

They were talking about this yesterday - week four is where guys who are locks to make the team (starters, in essence) start prepping for W1 of the Regular Season. I mean, it's not like guys like Watt or McKinney need to worry about W4 of the preseason, that game is usually reserved for guys on the bubble and in danger of missing the final cut. 

Clowney coming back after the W3 "dress rehearsal" game means he's going to walk in and immediately start preparing for the Saints. Makes sense, kind of.

Training camp is over by that point too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Edge rusher isn't a need from DC, I highly doubt they head in that direction.

Ohhh... that was not including trading Clowney.

IJS if we are trying to get TW, let's be aggressive and try to get a cheap, developing CB in the process (who has 2 years left on a rookie contract)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

These Clowney trade rumors 🔥 🔥 

Apparently Miami had an agreement with Houston on getting Clowney, but Clowney did not want to agree to a long term deal after the season so they backed out. I wonder who he is willing to go to that can afford him and need a pass rusher? Im assuming you do not trade in your division so teams that have the short and long term cap like Colts and Titans are out. Miami is out if he denied them. Leaving the Buffalo Bills, Seattle Seahawks, and New England Patriots as the ones able to pay him today and beyond.

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Our line is gonna be terrible this season. It has to be a coaching issue. 

Why? We have zero talent at the T’s. While I’m not a proponent for Dev, he inherited a ton of talent that has since been dismantled. Brandon Brooks, Ben Jones, and Duane all have been sent packing. Then we finally invest come top draft capital back in it this past draft.