Training Camp/Pre-Season

Pastor Dillon

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Luck is still injuries and probably won’t be ready week 1. Division could be open for us, even with all our flaws. 

I wouldn't sleep on a Ryan Tannehill-led Titans. I'd sleep on a Marcus Mariota-led Titans team... but not a Tannehill one.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/20/bill-obrien-offers-salty-answer-to-matt-kalil-injury-question/amp/

I mean, is it not a legit question? Kalil has a significant injury history, hasn't practiced in about two weeks and is in the middle of another "coach's decision" holdout.

O'Brien needs to check his tone, quickly. He doesn't have the capital to fly off like this.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ET80 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/20/bill-obrien-offers-salty-answer-to-matt-kalil-injury-question/amp/

I mean, is it not a legit question? Kalil has a significant injury history, hasn't practiced in about two weeks and is in the middle of another "coach's decision" holdout.

O'Brien needs to check his tone, quickly. He doesn't have the capital to fly off like this.

he might have more capital than we think. The moves we have made in the front office seem to indicate that BOB has a lot of sway in the organization, I've not seen anything to point to BOB being on the hot seat in the least. 

As for Kalil, i still think if hes truly healthy, hes out best LT for this season. 

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

he might have more capital than we think. The moves we have made in the front office seem to indicate that BOB has a lot of sway in the organization, I've not seen anything to point to BOB being on the hot seat in the least. 

As for Kalil, i still think if hes truly healthy, hes out best LT for this season. 

Like he said in his answer, he doesn’t have to have an injury report prior to week 1. So why divulge any information prior to that for the saints to gameplan for?

3 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Like he said in his answer, he doesn’t have to have an injury report prior to week 1. So why divulge any information prior to that for the saints to gameplan for?

I don’t think an injury to Kalil makes any difference to the saints game plan. 

Most projections I’ve seen Have is cutting Davenport and Rankin who were our two starting tackles at one point last year. Cutting a 3rd and 4th round pick just 2 or 3 years into their careers stings a lot. 

Davenport hasn’t shown much but I figured we would give Rankin a shot. Maybe we keep him over Kelemete. I’d roll with this depth chart

LT:Kalil/Johnson

LG: Howard/Rankin

C: Martin/Mancz 

RG: Fulton/Scharping

RT: Henderson/Johnson

thats 9 guys when we probably only keep 8 but that’s what I would do. 

53 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Keke, Kalil, Howard and some others were back at practice. We appear to be healthy entering the season, at least with guys who will actually be playing this year. 

Fuller? He limped off a few days ago, I want to say. 

22 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Keke, Kalil, Howard and some others were back at practice. We appear to be healthy entering the season, at least with guys who will actually be playing this year. 

Warring is still in the protocol.  Only question for me is whether to IR him now which means he's out for the year or after cutdowns so we can leave the option of IR-return.  Problem is, that probably means risking losing 53rd man to waivers.

43 minutes ago, Apollo Stallion said:

Warring is still in the protocol.  Only question for me is whether to IR him now which means he's out for the year or after cutdowns so we can leave the option of IR-return.  Problem is, that probably means risking losing 53rd man to waivers.

IR him now, it's not like there's much for him to do - Akins and Thomas look good enough to take snaps away from Fells, who looks really solid as a starting TE.

49 minutes ago, Apollo Stallion said:

He’s gonna be our IR resort player this year.