Training Camp/Pre-Season

Pastor Dillon

13 hours ago, jch1911 said:

I am offering Kalil, a 2020 3rd, and a conditional 2021 5th (could go as high as a 3rd depending on the # of games TW plays) 

I would also try to get Fabian Moreau in any deal.  But I am super greedy.

I'm going as high as a what we got for Duane Brown, a 3rd and future 2nd - Williams/Howard/Martin/Fulton/Henderson (or Scharping) is an immediate "worst to first" type turnaround for this OL. 

If Cal wanted to instill some goodwill with a fanbase that is on the verge of revolting, this is how he does it. His little group of wannabe GMs need to make that call and prove they could do this (Gaine made the call for Demaryius Thomas - it didn't work out due to injury, but it showed he would take the risks needed).

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm going as high as a what we got for Duane Brown, a 3rd and future 2nd - Williams/Howard/Martin/Fulton/Henderson (or Scharping) is an immediate "worst to first" type turnaround for this OL. 

If Cal wanted to instill some goodwill with a fanbase that is on the verge of revolting, this is how he does it. His little group of wannabe GMs need to make that call and prove they could do this (Gaine made the call for Demaryius Thomas - it didn't work out due to injury, but it showed he would take the risks needed).

While I believe this too, I think we wait and see what we have in the joint practices/preseason games. Williams is a plug and play guy so if we trade for him later in the preseason he’ll still the best we got even with the learning curve 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

It’s an upgrade for sure, but idk about worst to first. 

I think it all depends on what we see in Kalil and Howard. If after an off season and training camp we think Howard is going to be a log term fix at LT, we should save assets. If we realize he’s a guard long term and Kalil isn’t a stopgap then we might need to make the deal. 

Speaking of all this, I’ve not read Davenport or Rankins name in anything since training camp started. 

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

Speaking of all this, I’ve not read Davenport or Rankins name in anything since training camp started

Haven't heard about Scharping, either. Seems as if the focus is on that left side with Kalil and Howard.

1 minute ago, Pastor Dillon said:

If we realize he’s a guard long term and Kalil isn’t a stopgap then we might need to make the deal. 

I think this is the case - not basing it on anything, but I have a feeling that Howard could be a good T with time, but a great G with that same time.

Justin Reid is back. I’m really excited about our safeties. Gibson is suppose to be one of the best at covering TEs in the league. Reid has a great rookie season and Addae might be the steal of our whole off season. I am hopeful our CBs will come on this season as we’ve spent a lot of money there. 

Just when i mention not hearing about Scharping, they said today that he has played center, guard and tackle during training camp. He could be a swing guy his rookie season. 

It also appears that Howard will earn the starting job at LG, which could be good for us. 

Lonnie Johnson's injury is not serious as well. 

• Like 1

I'm cautiously optimistic our OL is coming along, but... I would be lying if I said I didn't want Trent Williams and was willing to pay a premium for him.

The Redskins signed Donald Penn today, so the wheels are in motion if the 'skins want to move Williams. There's a healthy market for a top 3 LT, so we wouldn't be the only potential buyers.

It's in moments like these I wish Daryl Morey took on the Texans GM gig as a side hustle.

• Like 1

Warring is finally at practice 

apparently JJoe is looking good because we converted some of his per game bonus to a regular salary, meaning we aren’t as worried about him missing time. 

Mom gonna go on a limb and say that Howard has the LG spot nailed down and we will have a surprised cut from the line. 

• Like 1

everything i read today said that the Defense was really good and the offense struggled a little in run blocking

on the flip side, it seems our offense torched our secondary. 

its interesting because Secondary/o-Line are our two biggest weaknesses

but WR and D-Line are the two biggest strengths, so you really dont learn much from camp. 

ive been reading a lot that Foreman might not be a lock for the #2 RB spot or even a roster spot. Danerea Crockett and Karan Higdon are both looking good so far. I suspect this might just be talk to get Foreman to work as hard as possible to see if hes going to recover or not. 

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

ive been reading a lot that Foreman might not be a lock for the #2 RB spot or even a roster spot. Danerea Crockett and Karan Higdon are both looking good so far. I suspect this might just be talk to get Foreman to work as hard as possible to see if hes going to recover or not. 

I think BOB knows how to push D'Onta in the right direction - we heard the same sort of talk during Foreman's rookie season, and you saw Foreman explode when he finally got on the field. I think if Foreman didn't blow his ankle out, we'd hear more about how Foreman still isn't doing it right, simply to push Foreman to keep working hard.

19 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Ya there’s zero chance we have 2 UDFA rookies backing up Miller. Really wish we could have snagged Reddick, but oh well. I think we sign a roster cut from another team.