Training Camp/Pre-Season

Pastor Dillon

16 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

So Howard does that and is praised

lonnie Johnson becomes the first Texans CB to light someone up ever and it’s gonna get him benched all season. 

Kjax murdered a few guys last year, so of course we let him go

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I just heard that Johnson is being held out today as well - it sucks, he needs the reps more than most. 

Lesson learned, I suppose.

I called it. 

Hes gonna land on IR with something like a fractured pinky toe. 

His career could be over. BOB is that much of an idiot. 

7 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I’ve read that Howard and Scharping are looking good and Kalil and Henderson suck. 

From what I'm hearing, Howard might be the best OL on the team when he plays at LG. 

Sure, it's a low bar to clear but that's really encouraging - makes me forget about Andre Dillard (for now).

9 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I called it. 

Hes gonna land on IR with something like a fractured pinky toe. 

His career could be over. BOB is that much of an idiot. 

I'm not defending BOB, but getting caught hitting people in two separate drills, then BRAGGING about it on Instagram? That's DJ Swearinger-level stupid right there, any coach who doesn't punish him for such recklessness isn't doing anyone any favors. BOB or not, you've got to sit him.

One hit? Ok, get it out of your system and set the tone. Two hits? Yeah, you're asking to get cut block at the knees on that one. Bragging on Insta? Yeah, you're sitting.

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm not defending BOB, but getting caught hitting people in two separate drills, then BRAGGING about it on Instagram? That's DJ Swearinger-level stupid right there, any coach who doesn't punish him for such recklessness isn't doing anyone any favors. BOB or not, you've got to sit him.

One hit? Ok, get it out of your system and set the tone. Two hits? Yeah, you're asking to get cut block at the knees on that one. Bragging on Insta? Yeah, you're sitting.

Yeah I agree but BOB never gets over his offenses 

• Like 1

So far my take always from our team

watson is looking great and the trio we have at WR will be the best in the league if healthy. Miller is looking like he could have a career year. 

But all of this is gonna come crashing down because the offensive line could be worse than last year. 

Our defensive front 7 will probably lead up to a top 5 rush d, but our corners are gonna get burnt for 300 yards a game. 

Basically everything we knew going into last year. 

4 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

So far my take always from our team

watson is looking great and the trio we have at WR will be the best in the league if healthy. Miller is looking like he could have a career year. 

But all of this is gonna come crashing down because the offensive line could be worse than last year. 

Our defensive front 7 will probably lead up to a top 5 rush d, but our corners are gonna get burnt for 300 yards a game. 

Basically everything we knew going into last year. 

I read Roby looked good... but that the pass rush (Clowney + JJ out) was lacking

I spent all day in GB yesterday getting to see the players up close. I have a few thoughts.

Howard appears to be our best OL already, which is ridiculous. Kalil holds his own and can be average, but not great.
When are offensive starters are on the field (skill positions) we are VERY hard to stop. The left side of the line appears to be solid, but the right side is no good. 
Our front 7 is dominant vs the run, but not great vs the pass. Our secondary has it's bright spots, but consistently lacks good coverage. 
Mercilus is not impressive in pass-rushing drills. He is a fighter and can clean up, but cannot make things happen on his own. Clowney needs to come back
President was VERY impressive rushing the passer. Consistently dominating whoever lined up against him with speed and power

• Like 2

12 hours ago, amazingandre said:

The left side of the line appears to be solid, but the right side is no good. 

I'll take this - every single time, I'll take this. To me, this is arguably the best news of the entire off-season - solid is such a massive improvement.