Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RBreezy

Sproles Resigned (1yr deal)

Recommended Posts

Sproles is back, great. Can’t wait to see Doug overuse a 40 year old 4’10 runningback @Nabbs4u

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

Sproles is back, great. Can’t wait to see Doug overuse a 40 year old 4’10 runningback @Nabbs4u

But......why? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solid shrug, but he’ll help us win like one game and that’s more than a lot of the bottom of the roster guys can say really

also if desean isn’t punt returning we needed someone. If he can get you a free first down once a game with a 10+ yard return, that’s also better than the alternatives can say.

Big question is will he somehow be healthy at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m cool with it as long as Doug realizes he’s only 50% of what he used to be. If I see him running the ball on a handoff anymore, I’ll lose it. Solid catching punt returner is about what I expect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah if he is just the 4th back and used to return punts mostly that's fine. I doubt they want desean or nelson doing it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only reason I have hope that he won't be overused is look at our RB options this year compared to last. Though I still think Doug will feel like something is owed to Sproles and he will overuse him anyways. Nothing pissed me off more last year I swear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather they didn't re-sign him. Doug seems to try to force the ball to Sproles in the most obvious times and never lets him naturally get targets in the flow of the offense. At least on 3rd downs you can trust Sproles in pass protection. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Kilty do some Jedi-mind tricks with his mod powers and cut my post from the offseason thread? Haha

But anyways didn’t mean to come off as a negative Nancy with the initial post, I love Sproles but he’s so old at this point. I hope he’s just here to return punts and touch the ball max three times a game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Only reason I have hope that he won't be overused is look at our RB options this year compared to last. Though I still think Doug will feel like something is owed to Sproles and he will overuse him anyways. Nothing pissed me off more last year I swear.

idk man we had blount and ajayi and doug still threw mighty mouse up the gut more than his needed share.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I despise the Sproles Package. Since Doug was hired he has been obsessed with force feeding him the ball regardless of the situation. It's like DP is trying to reinvent the wheel, surprise everyone on the planet by doing the opposite of what should occur.

3rd/4th and 1, Give it to Sproles up the gut in a bunch formation and 9 in the box. Not the 230lb RB like Ajayi,  Blount, Clement and or put Sproles in the slot?

3rd and 5, Why put Sproles in the slot or on a wheel route, we can hand him the ball and let him create.

Sproles at no point this season on Offense should have more then 10 touches. In fact those 10 should include PR. I have ZERO Doubt though ,he gets 15 week 1!!! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I despise the Sproles Package. Since Doug was hired he has been obsessed with force feeding him the ball regardless of the situation. It's like DP is trying to reinvent the wheel, surprise everyone on the planet by doing the opposite of what should occur.

3rd/4th and 1, Give it to Sproles up the gut in a bunch formation and 9 in the box. Not the 230lb RB like Ajayi,  Blount, Clement and or put Sproles in the slot?

3rd and 5, Why put Sproles in the slot or on a wheel route, we can hand him the ball and let him create.

Sproles at no point this season on Offense should have more then 10 touches. In fact those 10 should include PR. I have ZERO Doubt though ,he gets 15 week 1!!! 

 

i think doug is gonna run jordan howard a lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

i think doug is gonna run jordan howard a lot

I hope so!!! He's actually an upgrade over our SB run RB with Ajayi and Blount. If used properly which I believe Pederson is capable of doing. Nagy, not so much.

Actually saw video of him doing KR during OTA clips? Not saying I'm in favor but 230lbs coming down hill at 18mph won't be fun to tackle!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nabbs4u said:

I hope so!!! He's actually an upgrade over our SB run RB with Ajayi and Blount. If used properly which I believe Pederson is capable of doing. Nagy, not so much.

Actually saw video of him doing KR during OTA clips? Not saying I'm in favor but 230lbs coming down hill at 18mph won't be fun to tackle!!

I imagine clement will return kick offs if he is healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

I imagine clement will return kick offs if he is healthy.

His 230 will work too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2019 at 3:56 PM, RBreezy said:

Did Kilty do some Jedi-mind tricks with his mod powers and cut my post from the offseason thread? Haha

But anyways didn’t mean to come off as a negative Nancy with the initial post, I love Sproles but he’s so old at this point. I hope he’s just here to return punts and touch the ball max three times a game 

yes, might as well have a new thread this month I figured

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×