Sproles Resigned (1yr deal)

RBreezy

Solid shrug, but he’ll help us win like one game and that’s more than a lot of the bottom of the roster guys can say really

also if desean isn’t punt returning we needed someone. If he can get you a free first down once a game with a 10+ yard return, that’s also better than the alternatives can say.

Big question is will he somehow be healthy at all?

Did Kilty do some Jedi-mind tricks with his mod powers and cut my post from the offseason thread? Haha

But anyways didn’t mean to come off as a negative Nancy with the initial post, I love Sproles but he’s so old at this point. I hope he’s just here to return punts and touch the ball max three times a game 

21 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Only reason I have hope that he won't be overused is look at our RB options this year compared to last. Though I still think Doug will feel like something is owed to Sproles and he will overuse him anyways. Nothing pissed me off more last year I swear.

idk man we had blount and ajayi and doug still threw mighty mouse up the gut more than his needed share.

I despise the Sproles Package. Since Doug was hired he has been obsessed with force feeding him the ball regardless of the situation. It's like DP is trying to reinvent the wheel, surprise everyone on the planet by doing the opposite of what should occur.

3rd/4th and 1, Give it to Sproles up the gut in a bunch formation and 9 in the box. Not the 230lb RB like Ajayi,  Blount, Clement and or put Sproles in the slot?

3rd and 5, Why put Sproles in the slot or on a wheel route, we can hand him the ball and let him create.

Sproles at no point this season on Offense should have more then 10 touches. In fact those 10 should include PR. I have ZERO Doubt though ,he gets 15 week 1!!! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I despise the Sproles Package. Since Doug was hired he has been obsessed with force feeding him the ball regardless of the situation. It's like DP is trying to reinvent the wheel, surprise everyone on the planet by doing the opposite of what should occur.

3rd/4th and 1, Give it to Sproles up the gut in a bunch formation and 9 in the box. Not the 230lb RB like Ajayi,  Blount, Clement and or put Sproles in the slot?

3rd and 5, Why put Sproles in the slot or on a wheel route, we can hand him the ball and let him create.

Sproles at no point this season on Offense should have more then 10 touches. In fact those 10 should include PR. I have ZERO Doubt though ,he gets 15 week 1!!! 

i think doug is gonna run jordan howard a lot

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

i think doug is gonna run jordan howard a lot

I hope so!!! He's actually an upgrade over our SB run RB with Ajayi and Blount. If used properly which I believe Pederson is capable of doing. Nagy, not so much.

Actually saw video of him doing KR during OTA clips? Not saying I'm in favor but 230lbs coming down hill at 18mph won't be fun to tackle!!

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

I hope so!!! He's actually an upgrade over our SB run RB with Ajayi and Blount. If used properly which I believe Pederson is capable of doing. Nagy, not so much.

Actually saw video of him doing KR during OTA clips? Not saying I'm in favor but 230lbs coming down hill at 18mph won't be fun to tackle!!

I imagine clement will return kick offs if he is healthy.

On 7/20/2019 at 3:56 PM, RBreezy said:

Did Kilty do some Jedi-mind tricks with his mod powers and cut my post from the offseason thread? Haha

But anyways didn’t mean to come off as a negative Nancy with the initial post, I love Sproles but he’s so old at this point. I hope he’s just here to return punts and touch the ball max three times a game 

yes, might as well have a new thread this month I figured

• Like 1