Sproles Resigned (1yr deal)

RBreezy

I don't hate the signing as much as some. With the addition of Howard and Sanders on top of Clement I think this move is a "safe play" from a team with Superbowl aspirations. Think about it this way.....who else on the team is capable of returning punts? If for some reason Howard and/or Sanders went down would you be more comfortable with Sproles or Adams/Smallwood/Scott?

The biggest question for Sproles is if he can stay healthy at his age. The last two years seem to indicate no but in a lesser/special teams role, maybe?

If its solely for PR duties I'm fine. Maybe the occasional wheel route or option route on 3rd....I thought he'd be better at lining in the slot and running option routes vs a LB but over the past few years something was off. 

Another year to teach some younger RBs some different things, being professional, work ethic, little nuances. 

I won't call Sproles a Camp Body because he is more then just that but make no mistake about it. He is here as an insurance policy in case one of our Top 3 get hurt.

Howard

Sanders

Clement

Now what happens if all are healthy after the week 3 preseason gm, remains to be seen as to who will be #4? As mentioned above 

"If for some reason Howard and/or Sanders went down would you be more comfortable with Sproles or Adams/Smallwood/Scott?"

Edited by Nabbs4u