Why Ha Ha Clinton-Dix is better than Adrian Amos

soulman

5 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t think it’s fair to call him that at all, at least at this point. 

It's based on how he was used as much as anything.  In his highlight vids he's moving all over the place rushing from different spots much like McClellin did in college.

Looked good on film but then we figured out (and so did every other team) you had to do that to keep him clean because he couldn't get off blocks to save his soul.

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t think it’s fair to call him that at all, at least at this point. 

@soulman

Talking about Mathieu Betts?

I watched his bowl game practices and his highlights.  Guy has slick pass rush moves, perhaps best of anyone on team save Mack.  

His problem is a lack of strength.  NFL OL get a lock on him, they will drive him out of stadium at this point.  

I think he could be a real player with a couple of years of real strength training and diet and much faster if he does some other stuff (cough cough).  

I don't know what the F he was doing in Canada on that front.

• Like 2

On 7/20/2019 at 2:38 PM, soulman said:

In contrast, Adrian Amos played for Penn State. There is nothing wrong with the Penn State program, but the comparison to Alabama would be almost laughable. Clinton-Dix experienced what it took to win a championship, something Adrian Amos never came close to going through

I laughed at this bit

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I'm very happy that the Bears got HHCD, but I'm not sure he's better than Amos. At all. Things happen. 

He's probably just as good and that's all they need. Their D has 4 Pro Bowlers, a really good NT, and two very good ILB's. They can't have stars everywhere. HHCD will be fine, and hopefully he knows how to not miscount and crush a guy on a 3rd down incompletion in a playoff game.

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I'm very happy that the Bears got HHCD, but I'm not sure he's better than Amos. At all. Things happen. 

Amos is a technically sound tackler who doesn’t kill you in coverage but IMO that’s pretty much it. The most elite level thing he does is not miss a lot of time. He seldom produces impact plays (6 combined INT/FF in 60 games (56 starts)), and until he was paired with the elite Eddie Jackson starting in 2017 even PFF didn’t think he was anything more than an average starter (says here he was their #28 S in 2016). I understand player progression just fine but the things missing from Amos’ game in 2015 and 2016 were still largely missing in 2017 and 2018, and the greatest likelihood is that after 60 games he probably is as good as he’s ever going to be. To that end, even if Darnell Savage is really good really quickly I expect to continue to see a whole lot of average from Amos, and if Savage doesn’t live up to his draft status then the holes in Amos’ game (most specifically in coverage) will become more apparent, except now at a $9.25M per year salary. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Amos is a technically sound tackler who doesn’t kill you in coverage but IMO that’s pretty much it. The most elite level thing he does is not miss a lot of time. He seldom produces impact plays (6 combined INT/FF in 60 games (56 starts)), and until he was paired with the elite Eddie Jackson starting in 2017 even PFF didn’t think he was anything more than an average starter (says here he was their #28 S in 2016). I understand player progression just fine but the things missing from Amos’ game in 2015 and 2016 were still largely missing in 2017 and 2018, and the greatest likelihood is that after 60 games he probably is as good as he’s ever going to be. To that end, even if Darnell Savage is really good really quickly I expect to continue to see a whole lot of average from Amos, and if Savage doesn’t live up to his draft status then the holes in Amos’ game (most specifically in coverage) will become more apparent, except now at a $9.25M per year salary. 

I definitely agree that Amos isn't elite, or anything...

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 4:59 PM, Tyty said:

I laughed at this bit

Yeah, talk about completely irrelevant

If true the Bears have no chance to win a championship (Trubisky- North Carolina, Mack- Buffalo, Hicks- Canada, Robinson- Penn State)

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1