What is your Ideal Draft Position and Why?

JaguarCrazy2832

1 hour ago, Gmen19851 said:

Depends how many teams are in the league, but I believe theres 17-19 really good players so I prefer to draft in the later middle of round 1.  7-9

Agreed. I have about 19-20, its kind of why I wanted to change picks, that and I think a late 1st really kills my chance at a RB like Jones, Michel, D-Will or Kerryon etc in round 3/4

14 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Agreed. I have about 19-20, its kind of why I wanted to change picks, that and I think a late 1st really kills my chance at a RB like Jones, Michel, D-Will or Kerryon etc in round 3/4

In my big money league, I have 8th pick with kittle as a 13th round keeper.  I'm praying I get a combo of David Johnson/Davante/DeAndre and then either JuJu/Leveon/Mixon/Evans on way back

1 hour ago, Gmen19851 said:

In my big money league, I have 8th pick with kittle as a 13th round keeper.  I'm praying I get a combo of David Johnson/Davante/DeAndre and then either JuJu/Leveon/Mixon/Evans on way back

Do you honestly think there is a chance that Leveon is there round 2? I'd be shocked if he was available at 8. That's similar to what I'm looking for

I love being the second to last pick. Thats the ideal spot for me.

Its late in the first round but I like being on either side of someone because I can predict what positions they will take after a round or two and then snag guys right in front of them while also ensuring myself one of the other guys I like immediately after. 

I generally feel like you can still get a productive RB if you want or at the least get 1 or 2 of the top 5 WRs. I like going WR WR rounds 1-2, then RB RB RB, then maybe another WR or TE and then start wondering when the run on QBs will be. I let the board tell me when to take a qb, I try to be the 4th/5th guy to take one, depending on who gets taken. You want to be right in the middle to end of the run 

10 hours ago, The LBC said:

I either want 4,5, or 6 or pick 10 in my 12-team cash league, but in that league, largely I want to be on the early turn side of one particular guy in my league who projects/ranks guys similarly to how I do.

Thats an interesting set up. I assume you dont want to use specific players because at least 1 person in that league is on this site? 

2 hours ago, N4L said:

I love being the second to last pick. Thats the ideal spot for me.

Its late in the first round but I like being on either side of someone because I can predict what positions they will take after a round or two and then snag guys right in front of them while also ensuring myself one of the other guys I like immediately after. 

I generally feel like you can still get a productive RB if you want or at the least get 1 or 2 of the top 5 WRs. I like going WR WR rounds 1-2, then RB RB RB, then maybe another WR or TE and then start wondering when the run on QBs will be. I let the board tell me when to take a qb, I try to be the 4th/5th guy to take one, depending on who gets taken. You want to be right in the middle to end of the run 

I agree with this to a point. It really depends on how you feel about the RBs projected in round 3 & 4:

Devonta Freeman

Nick Chubb

Josh Jacobs

Derrick Henry

Marlon Mack 

Kerryon Johnson

Aaron Jones

Damien Williams

James White

Sony Michel

Chris Carson

Phillip Lindsay

Mark Ingram

I think all of these guys are not perfect but everyone has their favorites. Going WR-WR and only liking half the guys on this list to point where you feel comfortable drafting them in round 3/4 is a dangerous strategy just because you might lose out on the guys you want and be forced to either reach or take someone you simply dont believe in

7 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

i want 10-12 drafting. 

taking WR-WR or TE-WR.

been doing RB-0 drafts and like the results, but some won't like it. Elite at basically every position (except RB), 2 decent RB starters and 2-3 upside RB on your BN.

Who are your upside guys? Just seems like by the time you get 2 decent guys, the upside guys are gone too

On 8/3/2019 at 12:16 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Do you honestly think there is a chance that Leveon is there round 2? I'd be shocked if he was available at 8. That's similar to what I'm looking for

I'm not hopeful, but its a full point PPR, so I think the second half of round 1 and beginning of round 2 will be WR heavy.  Would expect either Bell, Cook or Mixon to be there for me though.  Just would prefer Bell to the other two

5 hours ago, Gmen19851 said:

I'm not hopeful, but its a full point PPR, so I think the second half of round 1 and beginning of round 2 will be WR heavy.  Would expect either Bell, Cook or Mixon to be there for me though.  Just would prefer Bell to the other two

Isnt Bell like a PPR God though? He is SO much better than Cook and Mixon and I’m a Bell hater