Five Wins (or less)

onejayhawk

On 7/20/2019 at 7:18 PM, onejayhawk said:

Name the teams that will be locks for a top 10 pick (if they have one).

Jacksonville Jaguars    5    11
New York Giants    5    11
Tampa Bay Buccaneers    5    11
New York Jets    4    12
Oakland Raiders    4    12
San Francisco 49ers    4    12
Arizona Cardinals    3    13    

J

Don't see a single team on that list as a guaranteed "Lock" for 5 wins or less. To much parity and injury occurs in the NFL year to year to assume. Wouldn't shock me in the least if 1 or 2 of them made the Playoffs. 

NFL is that Wacky from year to year!

8 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Pretty damn shocked no one's named the Redskins so far.  We definitely have a better chance than most to crap the bed this year, especially if Trent holds out into the season.

NFC East, NFC North, AFC East.......Panthers & Niners throw ins. An easy travel schedule will help with a lot of Eastern Time Zone games. Dallas is the furthest west they'll travel - on the last game of the year.

8 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Pretty damn shocked no one's named the Redskins so far.  We definitely have a better chance than most to crap the bed this year, especially if Trent holds out into the season.

Redskins are in a similar situation as the Giants. I think both will have their rookie quarterbacks starting by mid season so they get playing time and gain experience. The only difference is the Giants will be good in 2020 and beyond ;)

33 minutes ago, Leader said:

NFC East, NFC North, AFC East.......Panthers & Niners throw ins. An easy travel schedule will help with a lot of Eastern Time Zone games. Dallas is the furthest west they'll travel - on the last game of the year.

Nice observation. That should definitely help. 

10 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Defense has some very solid talent but offensively they get me really bad. If Guice is healthy then the run game should at least be better than average.

So good defense plus above average run game should lead to like 6 or 7 wins. If the QB play is horrendous, then sure, the Redskins are an candidate to win five or less games. 

3 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Not really?

Giants have a long way to go personnel-wise. I can’t name one player I would take off that defense over what the Redskins have. 

They may be inexperienced, but they are talented. 7 projected starters are 25 years old or younger, and were drafted in the first three rounds. But I was more referring to the offensive similarities. Rookie quarterbacks, underwhelming receivers, questions along the offensive line.  The Giants at least have Saquon, who can carry an offense. Redskins don’t have a threat like that.

16 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

good defense anda  good offensive line you guys should be average.