If the Steelers start 0-5....

Money

I'll post my reasoning later. For each player. Why they're a fit. Where these teams have fat and why they would make such a deal. This is what I came up with.

I'll work out cap logistics later if need be. You need to see if Rudolph can play. 

Tampa Bay

Roethlisberger

Bud Dupree

Patrick Peterson

Christian Kirk

Arizona

OJ Howard

Noah Spence

Vernon Hargreaves

Joe Haden (4 years, $50m)

TB 1st

Pittsburgh

Devin White

Chandler Jones

Anthony Nelson

AZ 4th

The good thing about shouting down a well is you only have to hear your own voice. It'll be tough. To go 0-5 given the schedule. But I'm pessimistic for one simple reason. 84 commands a double. Now, you can throw an extra guy in the box. Because Belichick says we're shutting down James Conner. This season is predicated on JuJu Smith-Schuster. Problem is he's a cover three killer and he operates best out of the slot. He's Hines Ward finding the open spaces. James Washington doesn't scare me on the outside with his speed. Or lack there of. Moncrief is a not enough information, but he can be easily neutralized with a #1/2. His job is to create space. And clear out the zone. You don't have a tight end to stretch the field. You got defenders with speed in tight spaces. It's a cluster ____. You can't run the ball. You can't pass the ball. So, you're sitting there with can JuJu Smith-Schuster save the season. He's good. A top 20 guy. Mark Madden will get his wish. And he'll get to blame JuJu. That guy just got such bad JuJu. It's intentional. Blatant. And annoying. Not entertaining. Don't feed him. He's fat enough. It's true. You're a fat ____. It's not unoriginal. It's stop being so fat. 

18. Like him. Not expecting him until year two. This is why I suggested Julio Jones. All things considered contract and need put together. It's a Khalil Mack type trade. With less effect. Remember that one. Said it a hundred times. I saw an article. Like Jalen Ramsey. Like PP. 

Problem with JuJu not saving the season is 7. They don't get open. They don't block. Conner can't run the ball. For lack of a better term. He is cancer. 

Tampa Bay

They do this trade because they become a playoff team.

The most obvious connection. Obviously, is how imperative and how every team in the league is right in establishing the QB/Head Coach connection. They are attached at the hip. How this relationship unfolds is how far the team goes. It's sad. But true. This is more important than GM/Head Coach. The GM is really just Peter off on some island getting revelations and writing them down. 

Arians/Roethlisberger. Ohhhh that's nice. I like that. We got Fichtner/Roethlisberger. Or Roethlisberger/Tomlin. Either way. No bueno. 

Tampa Bay has no QB. Winston. Ain't it. On a personal or professional level. Just bc he's a ____ up. He can play. But he's a lemon. There is something inherently defective with him. So he sucks. 

Looking at their secondary. They need THE guy. Not twelve draft picks among busts. So you can still sell a bad (or good) name and you don't care bc you got supply. Advantage is they'll probably pick the wrong guy. Winning. Peterson elite caliber who already played for Arians. There's a connection there. You're gonna wanna invest in him long-term. Got the cap room. Easy decision, here.

Bud Dupree is an interesting name. Earlier I suggested ATL as a trade spot. But looking at this Bucs defense. We got Carl Nassib. A cut player. There's a hole that needs filled. You got Vita Vea and Suh. And JPP. This is solid. They got penetrating DT and up the field outside rush. This is why we fail. We got 3-4 DEs smashed inside when you need quick twitch guys. If we had penetrating DT and our DEs playing in a Curtain. It's a complete collapse of the pocket. But I digress. Bud Dupree fits this scheme to a tee. And they have a need there. His attributes fit what they want to do. His speed will flash in that system. Because there's not as much congestion. Because the guard got beat off the ball with a quick rush and the whole line is in trouble. And the QB ___ himself. This will help You, Me, & Dupree. 

Christian Kirk is an intersting name. Cardinals drafted Andy Isabella. Kliff Kingsbury says that he is my slot. This is oversupply of slot. Hakeem Butler in the pipeline to replace Fitz. The Bucs just so happen to need a slot guy with some wiggle. And he complements their other WRs quite nicely.

The Bucs get the haul of hauls. Maybe four pro bowl type guys. That's why they wouldn't care what they give up. Because they got so much in return. 

Arizona

You gotta understand where you are. If you go for the rebuild and do a Raiders you can be a contender in a few years. You win or you go 4-12. There's no in between. Because what's the point. That's where we are. No man's land. The two most valuable pieces here. Is the 1st. Which is a wildcard. It's like the dice dancing on the table. That's always fun. And OJ Howard. When you look at the young QB. David Johnson. Hakeem Butler. Andy Isabella. And now, OJ Howard. There's a lot of pieces for that air raid offense. You'll be throwing up 30 PPG, easily. That's how they almost won a Super Bowl for the first time. Arizona siting there with the Dealer got a five up. You hold on 16 here. You play for 2020. Then you get your new Chandler Jones. Or sign someone. 

OJ Howard stretches the field. Is perfect for the air raid. And their tight ends are worse than ours. And we gotta be like 30th in the league. This is a major need for a young QB. A nice security blanket. He'll thrive in this environment. Hey - worst case - OJ Howard needs a hundred good pieces around him to shine and you got that going on. Easy win, here. 

The 1st. Yeah, love 1st's. 

Noah Spence is a blast from the past. Liked him coming out and here's a potential replacement. 5.5 sacks his rookie year. Shoulder injury. Moved on. Don't forget they signed Terrell Suggs, so he's a one year fill. And then you go draft pick/Noah Spence at your rush positions. Or work off board. If I'm getting a young piece at DE, I'm going right here. 

Then we're gonna need to repave the secondary. Arizona is just awful defensively. The Broncos torched them. And the Broncos now have Joe Flacco at QB. That was considered an upgrade. You lost Mathieu. Deone Bucannon. Who is now on TB. With Arians. And you lose PP. Joe Haden, Vernon Hargreaves, and Byron Murphy as your slot guy, with Swearinger and Budda Baker at safety. I gotta think that's top five. Without seeing every other secondary. That's solid. Hargreaves is your classic first that moves on. Haden is re-signed. Take that one on the chin a bit. But I'm not paying that. Pittsburgh West can pay that. And they can because of an overall lack of talent. So you can splurge there and focus on a pass rush. Once you got it, boom. You're in the playoffs. 

Pittsburgh

The 2-4 record down the stretch is troubling. Not too mention the circus. Tomlin has lost the team. If there's anything remotely like this kind of start. Tomlin must go. And then Roethlisberger must go. They are attached at the hip. See what you got in Rudolph. Because you're gonna need a new game manager. Because we know Tomlin can't do that. He might miss every pass interference challenge this year. And here's a clue. It'll hurt. 

You move Ben because of what I mentioned earlier. The season rides on JuJu Smith-Schuster. And I don't think he can shoulder the load. Give it to Conner. And once again they got another guy in the box to shut him down. So, he will be shut down. Then Ben will start to cry and bashing his teammates in the media. He'll be crying over the line. No one being open. And the line - despite being stalwarts - not blocking. Conner not churning out 4 YAC. Now, only three yards. It changes everything. Situational football. The House of Cards finally comes to a fall. If you think this is bad, imagine a losing record with the circus. The Rooney's are clinging on to - hey we still had a winning season with Tomlin. Stop being mediocre. And heads are gonna roll. Ben. Tomlin. Out. 

Not Colbert. He has produced. Few 1st's hurt. Shazier injury was unfortunate. But he answered the Bell with some Bush. Now, remember. Under the hood. Get up in there. 

Chandler Jones. We NEED a pass rush. The formula for the Pittsburgh Steelers is good linebackers. Whether you play three or four. We got two. Chandler Jones gives us a Khalil Mack type without the notoriety. Because he's in Arizona. 

Devin White. Now, we got four good linebackers. Devin & Devin. D2. Mighty Ducks. Watch the ___ out. Gordon Bombay. We need a Gordon Bombay. And it's Mike Leach. I covered that. The Cowboys got something going on with the LBs in their nickel. This is a the new base in the NFL. And, remember. We still got four linebackers. Watt and Chandler Jones coming off the edge. Decent rotation on the inside with Heyward, Tuitt, Hargrave. We can evolve this into a hybrid front. Because these guys are scheme versatile. That's why I like them. 

Anthony Nelson is a 3-4 DE. If Prototype. He's a 10 sack a year guy. Steal a Pro Bowler before he shows he's a Pro Bowler.

Carl Nassib is still a cut player. Sorry Penn State. 

Edited by Money

Outside of this just being silly...I’m sure the thing that a 37 year old, 2 time super bowl winning QB wants to do is move his family for a year or two and go to a place that hasn’t been good at football just to be with a fishing buddy he could see at anytime during the off-season  

Furthermore, if we're trading Ben and didn't get Christian Kirk and Devin White and a pick in return, it's not worth it.  But that's also not realistic because only one of those teams gets Ben.  I mean i'm all for a realistic trade but, Money, nothing you post ever makes sense.

• Like 2

If we start out 0-5 I’m pretty sure Ben is on the sideline due to injury.....which would make it hard to trade him at that point.

Furthermore, Roethlisberger is what I believe the #1 most untouchable Steeler on the roster so a trade like this would never go down. Sorry pal.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...