Sua Cravens told some he plans to retire but team officials talking to him

turtle28

4 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

The funny thing is that he signed a 4 year $4.4m contract. 

He got paid $450,000 in base salary last year. After taxes, its more like a little under 300k that he netted.

He also got a $1.4m signing bonus. After taxes, its probably a little under $1m that he netted.

So he netted about $1.3m last year ...after taxes.

So this is how its gonna go when he finally tells them its over.

The Redskins are gonna say "Fine Su'a. But we'll be getting that bonus money back."

And then they will say "oh and by the way, you will be paying the gross money back and not the net." 

So he's gonna have to pay back about $1.05m to the Redskins. Which means he made all of $250k last year. Which is not a bad year as far as incomes go. But its not life changing money. And he's gonna find out soon that the women, cars, deals, agents, etc... go bye bye when you're not playing.

My guess is he's going to end up being an assistant coach or something at USC. He was on the sidelines last night of the USC game. If he's some kind of assistant it's decent $, but not Nfl $ of course. The OLB coach at Alabama makes more than the university president.

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

My guess is he's going to end up being an assistant coach or something at USC. He was on the sidelines last night of the USC game. If he's some kind of assistant it's decent $, but not Nfl $ of course. The OLB coach at Alabama makes more than the university president.

Assistant coach? I doubt it. More like "assistant".

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Whatever floats your boat Thai

Its not my boat. I highly doubt a major college will make someone who played exactly one year of the NFL...lacks the requisite knowledge to be a coach...has no drive...and lacks maturity, be a coach. Maybe they take a flyer on him as an assistant running errands and working with players. But making him a coach? If they did they would rightly deserve to be mocked.

Archived