1000 point players.

Kiwibrown

In NFL history there have been two players to score over 1000 points as non kickers.

Jerry Rice 1200+ points.

Emmitt Smith 1k+ points 

3rd is LT with 972

Will there be another player that we can forsee hitting that mark?

In his first year Barkley hit 92 points, if he continues to average around 90 points per year it will take him 12 seasons. Zeke is at 204 after 3 seasons, it seems unlikely. 

Kamara is averaging 100 points per season, so he has 8 to go to hit the mark. I'm not sure of anyone else who is challenging the list perhaps Gurley, but I am not confident in his knee. 

It demonstrates the incredible feat preformed by both Rice and Smith with their scoring prowess.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

It demonstrates the incredible feat preformed by both Rice and Smith with their scoring prowess.

Truly an amazing feat
And with all the packages and personnel groups now days -   I don't think anybody is gonna hit it
The other part of the longevity equation is the higher salaries allow you to retire sooner - and concussions or other maladies make ya think about it sooner

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Riftty said:

Gurley is just shy of 400 points in 4 years. And has 250 in the two years with Mcvay. So my money is on him if anyone.

With his knee history and the way it impacted the playoffs this past season? No way. He's less than halfway there.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

With his knee history and the way it impacted the playoffs this past season? No way. He's less than halfway there.

Key word is it effected the playoffs, were just looking at season stats. Most of his TDs came from inside the ten. I think Mcvay will just use his nose for the end zone and let the other backs tally the yards. 

Don't be shocked if you see his thrid 20 TD season. Just less touches

1 minute ago, Riftty said:

Key word is it effected the playoffs, were just looking at season stats. Most of his TDs came from inside the ten. I think Mcvay will just use his nose for the end zone and let the other backs tally the yards. 

Don't be shocked if you see his thrid 20 TD season. Just less touches

I wouldn't be surprised to see a high TD season or two. I just doubt his longevity to hit 1k.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tom cody said:

I think Barkley will probably get it. 

It’s absolutely nuts to assume a dude who’s played all of one season will do something that only two other people in the history of the sport have done.

Im not saying Barkley isn’t great or whatever, but he’d need another TEN seasons just like last season to do it.  That’s asking a whole lot for a RB. Hell AP isn’t even at 700.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s absolutely nuts to assume a dude who’s played all of one season will do something that only two other people in the history of the sport have done.

Im not saying Barkley isn’t great or whatever, but he’d need another TEN seasons just like last season to do it.  That’s asking a whole lot for a RB. Hell AP isn’t even at 700.

If AP had 20 tds next year at 34, he would need another 20 the year after to be about 20 away. 

And he is the best of our generation. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

If AP had 20 tds next year at 34, he would need another 20 the year after to be about 20 away. 

And he is the best of our generation. 

You’re absolutely right, he’s was the best in the league for the better part of a decade and isn’t even close.

• Like 1

Marshall Faulk got to 830, without injury he probably makes it. 

I think the type of player to score 1k points is in that mold, a runningback that can also catch. 

Kamara and Barkley are on pace so is Gurley, they both need to not get injured and play like beasts for the next decade.

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 1

So many things go into play the system, how they are used, etc...    I would say  Karmara or Gurley IMO.

Karmara is just a TD machine and so is Gurley.  Only thing I would say holding Kamara back is if he signs on a new team that sucks or just a ****ty situation where they don't utilize him properly.

Only thing holding Gurley back is his knee IMO will see how that plays out this season.  If Gurley comes in and kills it this year I would say he's definitely the front runner going forward.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

So many things go into play the system, how they are used, etc...    I would say  Karmara or Gurley IMO.

Karmara is just a TD machine and so is Gurley.  Only thing I would say holding Kamara back is if he signs on a new team that sucks or just a ****ty situation where they don't utilize him properly.

Only thing holding Gurley back is his knee IMO will see how that plays out this season.  If Gurley comes in and kills it this year I would say he's definitely the front runner going forward.

With no other RBS, if kamara stays healthy he could have a 24-28 td season in no

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

working against these guys is the new way rb's are treated in that they're used and discarded

it's unreasonable to assume any of them will have consistent production and or use

If someone is an exceptional player they will stay in use. 

Barkley, Kamara. It is a limited few though