2019 Vikings Training Camp/Preseason

SemperFeist

28 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Thank god. This is the dullest part of the year for sports.

I can't wait for the WR3 battle, to see what the DL rotation is going to look like, and to see what Mike Hughes is going to bring to the table this year. 

Agreed.  Even with the Twins playing somewhat well, it's still very dull for me.  I just can't seem to get into any other sport.  

• Like 1

Honestly I do miss it being in Mankato.  There is something about camp where the players leave their homes, live in a different spot, eat in a different spot and practice in a different spot.  Sure they have more stuff at their current location but for a camp I would want it to be a little bare bones and basic.  

What dudes just commute to camp from home?  Great for the Vikings because they control all the revenue, for the food, parking, and every single thing around there.  So money making for them but for team building will see.  It is professional spots so maybe that does not matter as much, still was cool and unique going to camp and changing the players environment.

I will say never realized Brian Robison was this funny.  Dude that builds camaraderie big time with the team.  If he is that funny and cordial on camera imagine off camera.  Curious who that is for the Vikings current group of players.  Guys is a character for sure.

10 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Do we have an initial depth chart yet?

QB:  Future League MVP/Pro Bowl Caliber Dude/Guy who will start for Tennessee before season's end

RB:  League Leader in Rushing Yards/League Leader in TDs/Future All-Pro

WR: Hall of Famer/Hall of Famer/Future Pro-Bowl WR/Future Pro-Bowl Special Teamer/Laquon Treadwell

TE:  All-Pro/Future Hall of Famer/Pro-Bowler on any other team

LT:  Uhhhh.../Oh boy

LG: We've had worse/God don't let "We've had worse get injured"/Probably the guy who should be starting

C:   Hall of Famer/We've had worse/Some dude

RG: Can't be worse than last year/Might be worse than last year/Probably way better than last year

RT: Hall of Famer and All-around Good Guy/Please don't let "Hall of Famer and All-around good guy" get hurt/Future starter for another team

RDE: Hall of Famer/Hall of Famer/ All-Pro

DT:   Hall of Famer/All-Pro/Pro-Bowler

LDE: So good he'll get elected to the Hall of Fame Twice/All-Pro/From Practice Squad to All-Pro

LBS: Hall of Famer/Hall of Famer/All-Pro/ST Pro Bowler/Guy who carries shoulder pads

CB:  Hall of Famer/Hall of Famer/Hall of Famer/Hall of Famer/All-Pro

S:    Hall of Famer and DPOY/Hall of Famer/All-Pro/Pro-Bowler

K:   Guy who will shank FG's when it matters most

P:   Some Dude, probably plays more D&D than Kluwe

LS: G.I. Bro

• Like 3

15 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Well with that kind of talent,  looks like a 10-6 record with a one and done deal in the playoffs to me!!

Haha, I kid. Just figured something would be out by now.

Well, if you have a subscription to the Athletic, they do have an early depth chart there, but it's more speculation than anything.  

• Like 1

Hughes and Morgan are on the PUP list to start camp...Bower and Shamar Stephen are on the NFI list.  Bower will be out quite awhile, as he tore his achilles while working out on his own.  

Hughes, tight end David Morgan and wide receiver Brandon Zylstra were placed on the physically unable to perform list on Friday, prior to the first full-squad workout. Defensive end Tashawn Bower and defensive tackle Shamar Stephen were placed on the non-football injury list. They all remain on the active 90-man roster and can be reinstated to rejoin the team for practice at any time during the preseason.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/vikes-put-5-on-injured-list-to-start-camp-including-hughes-072619