2019 Vikings Training Camp/Preseason

SemperFeist

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

This is why I hope he becomes the starter soon, but it might take awhile for him to develop.  But the toughness he showed here and the toughness he showed against Alabama in the playoffs is what you want out of your offensive linemen.   

The Vikings have earned a day off, but it didn’t come without a tiring practice Tuesday afternoon. Minnesota practiced for almost two hours, but spent a considerable amount of time in game-like situations with back-to-back, 15-minute sessions that included all three units on offense and defense. The session was not in full pads, just shells and shorts. The Vikings first-team offense went up against the first two defenses, while the first-team defense saw action against the top two offensive units. The third-team offense and defense squared off against each other.

Zimmer: “Today, I was trying to get them tuckered out. We’ve got an off day tomorrow, and I was trying to get them long drives if I could, where they had to go 12, 14 plays, get tired. I wanted them to get gassed today, I thought, because they needed it. Suck it up when they’re tired.”

https://www.vikings.com/news/vikings-dan-bailey-goes-7-for-7-kicks-training-camp?sf217487074=1

Injury report

Offensive tackle Brian O’Neill remained out with a right arm injury, while defensive tackle Linval Joseph continued to sit out team work as he recovers from what is believed to be offseason shoulder surgery. Running back De’Angelo Henderson, tackles Aviante Collins and Ade Aruna and cornerback Kris Boyd all remained out of practice.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-day-at-camp-defense-dominates-before-an-off-day/540813102/