Mark Sanchez retires

Elky

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I know he gets crushed for the butt fumble but i feel like he gets so much hate he’s kind of underrated. 

No, the amount of hate he gets from the Washington fanbase is completely earned.

hated Sanchez during those years in the early 2010's because people tried to make him seem like a franchise QB when he wasn't, but even during those years when they had Thomas Jones and a killer defense, he was a solid QB who could relied on to manage the game, make plays when he had to do, and minimize mistakes (for the most part). In that regard, he's vastly underrated.

After those few glory years though, that team relied more on Sanchez and things just completely fell apart for them.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

hated Sanchez during those years in the early 2010's because people tried to make him seem like a franchise QB when he wasn't, but even during those years when they had Thomas Jones and a killer defense, he was a solid QB who could relied on to manage the game, make plays when he had to do, and minimize mistakes (for the most part). In that regard, he's vastly underrated.

After those few glory years though, that team relied more on Sanchez and things just completely fell apart for them.

It was less Sanchez and more so the Jets making every bad move possible: incredibly poor drafting, keeping Shotty as OC, picking up Tebow for jersey sales, letting Revis walk, letting the media win the narrative, etc. I don't think there are many QBs that would have been able to make lemonade from those lemons.

49 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

It was less Sanchez and more so the Jets making every bad move possible: incredibly poor drafting, keeping Shotty as OC, picking up Tebow for jersey sales, letting Revis walk, letting the media win the narrative, etc. I don't think there are many QBs that would have been able to make lemonade from those lemons.

That's very true. What's funny is that Seahawks twitter right now is using the "Mark Sanchez was at this best when he had Brian Schottenheimer as OC" to try to justify Schotty as a good play caller. It's painful to watch.

• Like 1

I mean he suffered a fairly significant shoulder injury in 2013 and never came back from it, if he had he's still at least holding a clipboard somewhere. The Jets gave him a great team and then systematically dismantled it, guys retired at the wrong times, the whole thing just fell apart so quickly it's hard to blame Sanchez for the brunt of their failures, he was a good QB for what he was asked to do. 

He will end up being underrated for what he did accomplish just because of the buttfumble, it's unfair but thems the breaks. But it's not like he was a colossal bust or anything I mean he was an integral part of the Jets making 2 AFCCG's and that's more than a hell  of a lot of QB's ever get too. Wish him well in retirement, he's a smart guy I'm sure he'll be a great TV get.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, thedorchannel said:

lol nahh underrated is going a bit too far.  he never was the same after that 2012 season.  Its like he was broken mentally.  Damn near every game after was a train wreck.

You could sub out that same line for Sam Bradford or Josh Freeman at some point in their careers. People underestimate  the New york media.

Edited by thebestever6
  • Like 1

Shame he didn't have a go at WR.

Image result for mark sanchez gif

Image result for mark sanchez gif

Joking aside, all the best to him. Obviously remembered for the butt fumble but he did have a couple of good seasons at the Jets getting to consecutive AFC Championship games, so he definitely made a contribution to the game.

• Like 1