Tyler Boyd Extension Today?

HangOnSloopy

3 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

As long as this isn't an indication that they won't try to bring back AJ,  I'm pleased.  Seems like a big chunk of money,  but I might not realize what  #2 receivers make these days. 

i want to say top receivers are getting 15+, so this is a pretty good deal.  Considering he played like a top receiver last year.

On 7/23/2019 at 12:40 PM, Beck Bristow said:

As long as this isn't an indication that they won't try to bring back AJ,  I'm pleased.  Seems like a big chunk of money,  but I might not realize what  #2 receivers make these days. 

He isn't being paid as a WR2, he's being paid for what he did when Green was out last year. Boyd played like a WR1. It's a good deal for both player and team. Bengals can still afford to extend AJ, he's not really in line for a big raise since he's in the 2nd half of his career. 

Was listening to Locked On Bengals and they made a good point.  You can pay 3 WR (Boyd, Green, Ross) and a RB (Mixon) as long as you have a QB on a rookie deal.  Dalton is as of yet unsigned past this year.  Dalton is signed through 2020, but a contract extension was specifically not discussed this season.  Even if we keep him in his walk year, he'll be 33 years old in his first year after this contract.  Do the Bengals really want to spend $25 million on an aging Dalton?

I think the lack of discussion on contract is more about making sure Dalton fits with Taylor.  I fully expect a 4 year extension for him at some point, as long as this season doesn't prove  disastrous.  I think they will stick with Andy and AJ together until the end. 

As far as I can tell,  the only  qb on a rookie contract is Finley. I don't think that's a plan any more than hoping to get Trevor Lawrence is.

1 hour ago, Beck Bristow said:

I think the lack of discussion on contract is more about making sure Dalton fits with Taylor.  I fully expect a 4 year extension for him at some point, as long as this season doesn't prove  disastrous.  I think they will stick with Andy and AJ together until the end. 

As far as I can tell,  the only  qb on a rookie contract is Finley. I don't think that's a plan any more than hoping to get Trevor Lawrence is.

If the Bengals go 6-10 or worse next year, then I expect we see a QB get drafted  in round 1 or 2 at the latest to groom under Dalton for a year.  

48 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

If the Bengals go 6-10 or worse next year, then I expect we see a QB get drafted  in round 1 or 2 at the latest to groom under Dalton for a year.  

If we are in the top 2, then I expect to take one of those guys,  but beyond that,  there are a lot of other factors to play out this season. 

I think we will be much better than the national perception.  Bengals have perhaps the smallest  fan base in the NFL and an unknown head coach.  Those articles are written to drive traffic and Bengals just don't generate the clicks like other teams do. 

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Dalton's on an affordable contract now. Unless Taylor works magic with him, he's not in line for a big raise. Foles was a free agent last year and only had 1 suitor and got 22 mil. Dalton should make less than Foles. 

Agreed with that.  If he resigns with the Bengals, it'll be a team friendly deal.