Tyler Boyd Extension Today?

HangOnSloopy

21 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Unless it's pretty close to what he is making now, i'm not even sure if we should resign Dalton.  He'll be almost 34 at the start of his next contract.  He turns 32 this October and is under contract for next year.

I don't think they'll resign him after this year unless he has another year like 2015.  If it's anything less than that, barring some weird circumstances (like Green and Boyd both miss a bunch of time and he still plays pretty well), i think they'll let him play out 2020 and either re-sign then or move on.

Anyone else see the Thomas extension today?  As much as I loved Thomas coming out that year and wanting him badly, does anyone think he's $60 million better than Boyd?  He was two picks away from being a Bengal.  If Thomas developed better than Boyd did his rookie year, we could have taken OJ Howard instead of Ross, or grabbed an elite defender there instead.

6 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Anyone else see the Thomas extension today?  As much as I loved Thomas coming out that year and wanting him badly, does anyone think he's $60 million better than Boyd?  He was two picks away from being a Bengal.  If Thomas developed better than Boyd did his rookie year, we could have taken OJ Howard instead of Ross, or grabbed an elite defender there instead.

No. Who is Thomas? 

6 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Uh, no, he's not.  He is better than Boyd, no question.  But this is basically a deal based on superior statistics, not ability.  And his superior statistics are based on a guy named Drew Brees throwing him the ball.

• Like 2