Bengals sign WR Tyler Boyd to 4y/$43M extension

TheVillain112

9 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Great news.  I expected it a few weeks later, and AJ Green should be following soon.

Apparently Bengals FO said "Not at this time".  Which is weird but at his age, where the team is, and his potential price tag....I'm kinda ok with that.

As for Boyd, he seemed genuinely interested in wanting to stay in Cincy, so I'm glad this deal got done.  While I loved Marvin Jones and Sanu when they were here, it didn't seem like they were interested in playing for Cincy long term (I don't fault them for that either)...

9 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Apparently Bengals FO said "Not at this time".  Which is weird but at his age, where the team is, and his potential price tag....I'm kinda ok with that.

Where did you see that?  Everything I've read has said they were working diligently on re-signing both of them

31 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Good deal for Cincinnati. They should really consider trading Green, though.

I mean why would they do that?  This isn't baseball.  Best case is they'd get a draft pick for him.  And probably not a great one (look at what Antonio Brown got).  They aren't throwing the season already, even if the pundits think they have no shot.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

Smart to lock up Boyd but they should move on from Green.  Get what you can for him and start upgrading the OL.

Oh yeah that and get a better QB.

Right.  Just go to the grocery store and get a new banana because this one is clearly bad.