Kenny Clark 

Bakhtiari

Lindsley

Aaron Jones

Kevin King

Montravius Adams

L Taylor

Jimmy Graham

King and Adams I have. Hard time calling “key” when they’ve been hurt.

Loves jones but Jones has also been hurt and is a RB

Taylor is gone with Turner/Jenkins 

Edited by Arthur Penske

10 minutes ago, boratt said:

Some key 2021 free agents

Kenny Clark 

Bakhtiari

Lindsley

Aaron Jones

Kevin King

Montravius Adams

L Taylor

Jimmy Graham

Interesting what to do there.

Kenny is a keeper. In 2021 Bakh will be 29, wonder how much he'll cost and if his play is slipping and if he is worth the cash? Lindsley is expendable especially with Jenkins in the fold. Let's see how Aaron Jones holds up, RBs are relatively easy to draft and plug in, not sure I would want to extend him. Kevin King, does he stay healthy and does he perform, that is the question, if he does he'll be worth keeping around for sure. Adams up to now will be lucky to get a Lowry deal. Lane and Jimmy will be probably be gone by then.

Edited by Brit Pack

from pff tweeter

There were 25 total Defensive Interior Lineman during 2018 regular season to produce 25+ total pressures and stops.
The #Packers had two such players: Kenny Clark with (46) pressures and (35) stops. Dean Lowry was the other with (29) pressures and (26) stops.

• Like 1

This is definitely a good deal all around.  Would have balked a bit at $8 million APY pending the numbers, but for just under $7 that's a fair payday.  Can take snaps anywhere on the line, has value in the run and pass game, always healthy.  Wish they would let him penetrate a bit more because I think his quickness at scale is his best attribute, but I suspect after this season he'll be taking Mike D's snaps in those packages so we'll see what happens (unless Keke or Adams take massive jumps).  

39 minutes ago, St Vince said:

What a waste of money, there's a Lowry in every draft.

There’s an average DL who will sign a fair extension that will stay healthy most of his early years and be a good teammate every year?

There's definitely not a Lowry every draft.  I feel now's a good time to remind everyone that Lowry put on a bit of a show at the combine at scale:

• 6'6", 296 lbs, 4.87s 40, 30 reps bench, 9'6" broad, 32.5" vert, 4.38 shuttle, 7.26 3-cone

Just going back the last three years, those numbers rank like so among all players at the combine 280 lbs and up (yes it's very arbitrary so what):

• 40 yard dash - T-10th
  • Vertical jump - T-15th
  • Bench - T-22nd
  • Broad jump - T-17th
  • 3-Cone - 4th
  • Shuttle - T-6th

The funny thing here is that when I actually watched his film for a post a few weeks back, his quickness and agility caught me way off guard, which I remember mentioning.  I expected an effort guy who worked for it every snap, but Lowry is legit scary quick for his size, and seeing the numbers I shouldn't have been caught off-guard.  4th and 6th in drills testing change of direction and acceleration among hundreds of players.  Hell, he ran the same 3-cone as Rashan Gary, and was only .10 slower on the shuttle despite being 2" taller and 20 lbs heavier.  He may not quite be in the freak category, but he's a big body that can legit move, and he's always healthy and goes hard every snap.  This is a good contract.

2 hours ago, boratt said:

I’m guessing 4 years, 36 million of new money with 10 guaranteed. Add in the 2 million from his old deal and that’s a total of 5/38 .

I like Dean Lowry but this is crazy money for a barely better than JAG. 

6 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I like Dean Lowry but this is crazy money for a barely better than JAG. 

He's more than that. But it's still a lot imo

But with low guaranteed. I'm cool now

Edited by Norm

from Olivia Reiner via twitter, updated cap $$

As a result of the deal, Lowry's 2019 salary cap number increased from $2.12 million to $3.55 million.
The Packers were $9.16 million under the cap prior to Lowry's extension.
So, they are $7.73 million under the cap right now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Exactly! This is what we lack on our roster mid-tier guys on relatively friendly contracts rather than the ones we have to do when they are on the verge of entering FA and we end up having to over pay to retain them.

GMO should also be extended before he has an average to good season and ends up getting a Tyrel Williams (ex LA Charger)  style contract where the dude in 2018 he doesn't even produce a 700 yards season but gets a 4 year $44m contract!

Also get Blake done and then we are golden.

But why?