Redskins have claimed T.J. Clemmings

turtle28

Just now, mike23md said:

Again @Woz you are assuming that Bruce can see it that way. He can't. Think of how you would do it step by step, then take out accountability and logic. Bruce has no clue on what he is doing and has no one to guide him now. 

I'm assuming this from a perspective of "how can I best make myself look good, with the least amount of work?" Combines his self-aggrandizement with the least risk.

Just now, Woz said:

I'm assuming this from a perspective of "how can I best make myself look good, with the least amount of work?" Combines his self-aggrandizement with the least risk.

See that is giving him too much credit. Bruce doesn't know when to puff his chest or that allowing people to do their job as one of his hires can do the same thing. The least amount of work is quite the truth. I cannot think of a worse aggregated resume than Bruce Allen other than Vinny Cerrato. 

But don't give Allen any credit that he has a clue of what he is doing. Without his name, his job would be obsolete. He knows he could not go to another organization without producing more than this pile of dumpster scum he has delivered. Mainly because he can't. 

@mike23md, fair enough. He is definitely trading on his name (and realistically, his ties to the franchise through that name ... I don't think his name would fly elsewhere).

BTW, I don't mean to bring up a sore subject, but what are you going to do about your sig?

1 minute ago, Woz said:

@mike23md, fair enough. He is definitely trading on his name (and realistically, his ties to the franchise through that name ... I don't think his name would fly elsewhere).

BTW, I don't mean to bring up a sore subject, but what are you going to do about your sig?

He is still on the team right?

This and the Catalina move also tells me we might have issues with tackle either with Moses being injured and not disclosed or with Snoop dog Trent 

i thought Kalias outplayed Catalina but he is strictly an interior guy whereas Catalina and now Clemmings can play some at RT with Nsheke at LT

conspiracy theory? 

QPHrgAI.gif

4 hours ago, mike23md said:

Again @Woz you are assuming that Bruce can see it that way. He can't. Think of how you would do it step by step, then take out accountability and logic. Bruce has no clue on what he is doing and has no one to guide him now. 

Build the OL & DL? He's done that in 2014 & this past draft.

2 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

This and the Catalina move also tells me we might have issues with tackle either with Moses being injured and not disclosed or with Snoop dog Trent 

i thought Kalias outplayed Catalina but he is strictly an interior guy whereas Catalina and now Clemmings can play some at RT with Nsheke at LT

conspiracy theory? 

QPHrgAI.gif

We don't have injury issues with our OTs. Their was an OL available who has versatility that we probably liked in the draft and we signed him to see what he can do for us.

Last year we kept Painter on our roster so I'd think they'd want a players who could play both OG & OT over just strictly a guard. 

I do like what Kalis did for us though and he should a future on our team even if it is just as a reserve.

5 hours ago, Woz said:

As I asked in the PS thread, why make this move for a guy who doesn't know the line calls instead of raising Kalis to the main roster?

I'm sure Callahan liked him in the draft and hopefully Callahan can develop him into something that the Vikings coaches couldn't. Let's not forget that the Vikings entire OL was a mess the last few years, so it's not like Clemmings had any vets around him to help him develop as well. 

41 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I'm sure Callahan liked him in the draft and hopefully Callahan can develop him into something that the Vikings coaches couldn't. Let's not forget that the Vikings entire OL was a mess the last few years, so it's not like Clemmings had any vets around him to help him develop as well. 

1. He won't know the playbook or the line calls. As such, he's behind Kalis in terms of team knowledge.
  2. If there weren't a lot of vets to learn from, he may have to unlearn bad habits forcing him back further (and making it even more head scratching).
  3. Callahan probably hasn't seen much of anything from Clemmings in nearly three years, so whatever he remembers is probably a fog of a glimpse of a memory.

Archived