Redskins have claimed T.J. Clemmings

turtle28

19 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Build the OL & DL? He's done that in 2014 & this past draft.

So he draft Morgan Moses, who, at first, was garbage. Callahan has developed him into something better than that. 

Then he drafted Spencer Long 2 rounds too early, and he has since been moved to C. 

He then drafted Bashaud Breeland, who I praised for value but has since been so up and down, he is not considered worth keeping. 

Then he took Ryan Gruden (Grant). 

Lache Seastrunk and finally Ted Bolser and Zack Hocker. 

So I see the connection to keep Ryan Grant around. Allen drafted him. The same could be said for Morgan Moses and Spencer Long, as Long was on a short leash til he moved to C. 

2017 Draft started with a gift in Jonathan Allen. 

Ryan Anderson was taken too early. Especially with Tomlinson (a true NT), Justin Evans or Zach Cunningham on the board. 

Chance to take Vanderdoes in the 3rd. Took his teammate Moreau. I'm ok with that, but its not the greatest move. 

Took Samaje Perine, ok, meh, I would have taken Dorian Johnson instead, just 1 pick behind Perine. Then Montae Nicholson, whom I liked, but this was a round early, would have taken Jalen Reeves-Maybin who has been having a great preseason and camp this year.

I like the Sprinkle pick. Its good to take chances like that. Especially cause Niles Paul is worthless, and yes he is. I don't care about ST's ace, anyone can do that. Its the fact that he is a small heavy TE that can't pass block or hold a block. 

Chase Roullier and Robert Davis were taken when Elijah Qualls was still sitting on the board. Chase has proven to be a solid commodity, but we don't have a legitimate NT and the bums we have on the depth chart are not quality NT's. They are space fillers. 

Josh Harvey-Clemons was great value in the 7th but Holsey was iffy especially when there were injury issues and Noah Brown, WR, OSU was still on the board. 

Instead of Perine I would have pushed for Jamaal Williams out of BYU. But it is what it is.

Allen has not made any choices on his own that have really been great value or a choice that says, WOW, good pick up. 

All of this year was credit to McCloughan. 100%. It was his data and scouting that they used to draft who they did. But to say that Allen has any inclination of knowing what he is doing is ludicrous.  

11 minutes ago, mike23md said:

So he draft Morgan Moses, who, at first, was garbage. Callahan has developed him into something better than that. 

Then he drafted Spencer Long 2 rounds too early, and he has since been moved to C. 

He then drafted Bashaud Breeland, who I praised for value but has since been so up and down, he is not considered worth keeping. 

So I see the connection to keep Ryan Grant around. Allen drafted him. The same could be said for Morgan Moses and Spencer Long, as Long was on a short leash til he moved to C. 

Ryan Anderson was taken too early. Especially with Tomlinson (a true NT), Justin Evans or Zach Cunningham on the board. 

Chance to take Vanderdoes in the 3rd. Took his teammate Moreau. I'm ok with that, but its not the greatest move. 

Took Samaje Perine, ok, meh, I would have taken Dorian Johnson instead, just 1 pick behind Perine. Then Montae Nicholson, whom I liked, but this was a round early, would have taken Jalen Reeves-Maybin who has been having a great preseason and camp this year.

I like the Sprinkle pick. Its good to take chances like that. Especially cause Niles Paul is worthless, and yes he is. I don't care about ST's ace, anyone can do that. Its the fact that he is a small heavy TE that can't pass block or hold a block. 

Chase Roullier and Robert Davis were taken when Elijah Qualls was still sitting on the board. Chase has proven to be a solid commodity, but we don't have a legitimate NT and the bums we have on the depth chart are not quality NT's. They are space fillers. 

Josh Harvey-Clemons was great value in the 7th but Holsey was iffy especially when there were injury issues and Noah Brown, WR, OSU was still on the board. 

Instead of Perine I would have pushed for Jamaal Williams out of BYU. But it is what it is.

Allen has not made any choices on his own that have really been great value or a choice that says, WOW, good pick up. 

All of this year was credit to McCloughan. 100%. It was his data and scouting that they used to draft who they did. But to say that Allen has any inclination of knowing what he is doing is ludicrous.  

I'm tired of having this discussion. Yes, McCloughan and the scouts built the draft board and free agency board but he wasn't around to sign or draft the players. The credit goes to McCloughan for doing all the work and to Allen, Williams, Gruden for selecting who they selected. 

Its not really 100% one guy's credit or the other.

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I'm tired of having this discussion. Yes, McCloughan and the scouts built the draft board and free agency board but he wasn't around to sign or draft the players. The credit goes to McCloughan for doing all the work and to Allen, Williams, Gruden for selecting who they selected. 

So Williams, really had no doing with this years draft, and he has said that. Gruden had a say and Allen could care less. The point is that Allen is not making the calls cause he is not competent enough to do so. 

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

So Williams, really had no doing with this years draft, and he has said that. Gruden had a say and Allen could care less. The point is that Allen is not making the calls cause he is not competent enough to do so. 

Well that's not what McCloughan said. McCloughan said that Doug Williams would scout players/watch film as would other guys and then they'd bring their notes to scot and then they'd go over the film together on players.

Well if Allen didn't have any say in picking the players why does everyone blame him? McCloughan and others have said it's a combination of everyone. 

Do you believe it was just Gruden who decided who we would draft this year in the draft and in free agency after McCloughan and others scouted the players?

I don't believe that, I believe they all worked together on it but Scot has said he wasn't around for who they signed in FA or the draft but he did do the scouting and broke down film on free agents he liked and from what I can gather from him from twitter and in interviews he's done on the radio the last few weeks, those were the guys we signed in free agency.

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Well that's not what McCloughan said. McCloughan said that Doug Williams would scout players/watch film as would other guys and then they'd bring their notes to scot and then they'd go over the film together on players.

Well if Allen didn't have any say in picking the players why does everyone blame him? McCloughan and others have said it's a combination of everyone. 

Do you believe it was just Gruden who decided who we would draft this year in the draft and in free agency after McCloughan and others scouted the players?

I don't believe that, I believe they all worked together on it but Scot has said he wasn't around for who they signed in FA or the draft but he did do the scouting and broke down film on free agents he liked and from what I can gather from him from twitter and in interviews he's done on the radio the last few weeks, those were the guys we signed in free agency.

Scot laid out the plan. Who to sign. Who to draft when and where with alternate options. Scot laid out the big board. Scot did everything preparing the Redskins for the draft. 

Allen has refused to sign Kirk Cousins to a long term deal and pay the man the money he deserves. That is what I can't stand about him. 

Bruce Allen has watched film, do you think that makes him better than Scot at making the decisions? It was proven when, I forget who, came into his office to sign a contract, and there was game film on the monitor in the back ground. Do you really think that Allen has inkling into what he is looking for. 

Who fires the GM prior to the free agent signing period? Bruce Allen. Cause he is an idiot. He cares about no one and has no accountability for or consequence for his actions cause his name precedes him. And Snyder can't get out of his way fast enough. 

Tell me this: What is it that you like about Bruce Allen so much? What has he done that says, "That's a good FO guy". 

Man, Clemmings looked awful in that footage. Doesn't commit on his kick step, stands up and hopes that his arms will slow a defender down. Quick on the LG pull but doesn't kick out. His gap protection against Wilfork was horrible. The key is GAP DOWN BACKER, especially if the play is coming to your side. He went DOWN and BACKER instead of sealing off the gap from Wilfork. 

(This is if you open the twitter thread and see the rest of the footage from that clip)

20 hours ago, turtle28 said:

If it works Its Bruce's decision. If it doesn't it was Scot's. 

remember that saying about a new guy assuming a position in a company? The predecessor left him three letters  and said open as needed when things go wrong.

Three letters:

1. The first says "blame everything on the predecessor" (that was Shanny)

2. Letter 2 says- "Reorganize" (that was firing Scot and hiring Doug)

3. Letter 3 says- "Prepare three envelopes"

Perhaps Bruce start writing. 

On 9/4/2017 at 4:30 PM, mike23md said:

Come on dude I don't like Allen but your discrediting him . Moses and long have been good players that he selected .. our Ol has been pretty good for two years in pass protection.

breeland has one bad year ,I know I know I've been bullying his plays but before Norman came Breeland was a very good corner for 2 years and stepped up later last year.

SM shouldn't get a lot of  credit at all!!! he has drafted 3 players that's been injured Jarret/Doctson/Craven/ heck Spaights was injured as well .

lol and his joke of a free agents ... Knighton I felt did ok but didn't come back after his first year. Chris Culliver was literally not healthy all year and was up and down while Junior Gallete was injured for two straight years.

he didn't pick anything on offense that helped other than Jones for like the first 2 weeks of 2016 . I felt personally Jones was our best back if not his fumbles , Kelly was good off the bench and had a good game against the packers but that's it .

who else did SM bring mason foster? And Norman have been his best free agent pick ups .

bruton was also a bust , Davis has been a good back up but your harsh on Niles Paul he was good when he was on the field and Jay Gruden basically took him out he was stepping up every year and I wouldn't be surprise if he took the role up this year with Jackson and garçon out .

SM didn't do anything great other than Schreff and Norman ... his scouting reports are good and all but who saids he would of drafted these guys ? Allen and Gruden actually picked legit needs and tried to stack of the D it's unfortunate we don't have any starting running back but kelly and Thompson should do .

We Literally have two decent corner back prospects we drafted this year and our linebacking core looks better than ever .

this was our best draft and FA in a long time we picked up a probowl linebacker for cheaps and also picked up a rising terrel Pryor while we picked up Allen and Anderson who looks like legit future ballers.

our roster looks better than ever heck even have a starting safety now . All this when SM left this team ... people need to give Gruden credit " HE " changed the team he wanted Cousins to start and he made the offense of the redskins top 10 for the past two seasons ,our D was trash and don't blame Gruden for just the DC blame whom ever picked our defensive guys !

none of SM guys are on defense other than Norman and Foster that's facts .well unless you count Everett lol

Archived