2019 Giants Training Camp

Acgott

I'm just here so Acgott doesn't feel like he's talking to himself.

But seriously, like everyone I'm most interested in news about Daniel Jones.  He reportedly had a OTAs.  Let's hope it carries over.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2019 at 8:54 PM, Acgott said:

The quicker we can begin the Daniel Jones era, the better. Let’s see if he can be our future.

Judging on what Shurmur has put out in the media, it really seems like he's ready to move on.  I think another slow start will lead to a pretty quick change at QB

On 7/23/2019 at 8:54 PM, Acgott said:

The quicker we can begin the Daniel Jones era, the better. Let’s see if he can be our future.

Most importantly, Daniel Jones really completely changes what Shurmur can do in his offense due to his athleticism. This offseason was hectic, but led to a more clear picture of what Shurmur and Bettcher want to do with their offense and defense. Eli can't even hope to run the read option as well as Jones can. It completely changes the play calling and effectiveness of the offense. 

I have no doubts we see Jones this year; the only question is when we see him. Eli got his first start week 11 of his rookie year. I would say around then is when we will see Jones.

Eli Manning will play every game this season. I dont see any way clear we let Jones on the field at all. I can see him coming in to finish games if we are up by 25+ pts to get some work in but i dont see him having a single foot on the field. The Giants are going to give Eli his due diligence in his final year in the league. 

7 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

Eli Manning will play every game this season. I dont see any way clear we let Jones on the field at all. I can see him coming in to finish games if we are up by 25+ pts to get some work in but i dont see him having a single foot on the field. The Giants are going to give Eli his due diligence in his final year in the league. 

I think they've given that to him.  I won't be happy to see it, but this is the year where Eli gets replaced and either retires or plays elsewhere next year.  

12 hours ago, Acgott said:

Unless the Giants are playoff contenders, Jones will definitely start some games. You don’t spend the #6 pick on a QB and let him sit all your when your current QB is garbage 

Listen, I hope we're playoff contenders, but realistically I don't think we will be.  If we're not and Eli does start every game, I will be highly concerned.  We're already a year late on finding his replacement.  I love Saquon, but how much more excited would we all be if we we're going into this year with Darnold and still had Beckham.  If we're not a playoff contender and Eli plays all 16 games the decision making of Gettleman and Shurmur have to be called into question.

• 3 weeks later...