Packers release Mike Daniels

fortdetroit

He's going to a very healthy 1 year deal I would say.

I know people in the industry always say, "it sucks that they cut him a day before camp. That's not fair on the player". I actually disagree with this take if the player is going to have suitors like Daniels will.

Right now, he can relax and let the usual TC/preseason injuries unfold, at which point some team (either contender or team with a Coach on the hotseat) will give him way above market value out of sheer desperation.

If he wants to play for a contender then there are plenty of suitors out there and almost every team will have enough cap room for a healthy 1 year deal.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’m asking webby if I can change my name to TEN1/2INCH btw.

I mean, why wouldn’t you want a bunch of random dudes on the interwebz to know that?

I know if I was packing heat like that I would.

THREEANDAHALFINCH doesn’t have the same ring to it though.

59 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, why wouldn’t you want a bunch of random dudes on the interwebz to know that?

I know if I was packing heat like that I would.

THREEANDAHALFINCH doesn’t have the same ring to it though.

I’m still proud of you. 

• Like 3

Would be great for Philadelphia. Title contenders and would be able to split reps as he's now 30 years old.

Fletcher Cox, Malik Jackson, Tim Jernigan, Mike Daniels

I don't think I've ever seen a Defensive Interior that deep before.

Unless he did something worthy of him being released 1 night prior to the start of training camp this just seems like a bush league move from the Packers organization.  I mean why didn't they do this earlier in the offseason?

Any way whatever the case it is surprising that a pretty darn good player in Daniels just entered the market.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Pack fans, does he still defend the run at a high level?

yes, but he does like to take chances from time to time and that either results in a TFL or a gash. Former wrestler, knows the leverage game. He can still handle a double team. I think you'd be glad to have him as a part of the DL rotation

• Like 2