Packers release Mike Daniels

fortdetroit

21 hours ago, brownie man said:

Bet you Browns have a better record than the Vikings 

I think we need to settle the debate on which team is better in the playoffs.   ;)

As far as Mike Daniels is concerned, I actually wouldn't mind seeing him come over to Minnesota.  We lost Sheldon Richardson and Daniels would probably be a good replacement.  I'm not sure if we have the cap room for him though.

Edited by Uncle Buck

22 hours ago, brownie man said:

Bet you Browns have a better record than the Vikings 

This might be good fodder for a sig bet.  The Browns and Vikings have a good fan base on FF, and it would be fun to have a little more reason to follow the other conference during the year.  Any Vikings/Browns fans up for a sig bet on this one?  I'll make the sig if the Vikings win.

38 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

This might be good fodder for a sig bet.  The Browns and Vikings have a good fan base on FF, and it would be fun to have a little more reason to follow the other conference during the year.  Any Vikings/Browns fans up for a sig bet on this one?  I'll make the sig if the Vikings win.

I'm down I dont have confidence in Cousins and yall might finish last in that division honestly 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Unless he did something worthy of him being released 1 night prior to the start of training camp this just seems like a bush league move from the Packers organization.  I mean why didn't they do this earlier in the offseason?

Any way whatever the case it is surprising that a pretty darn good player in Daniels just entered the market.

Since Daniels was coming off of an injury and IR, I think he needed to pass his physical.  If GB had cut him prior to that, they would have needed to negotiate an injury settlement.  Cutting him now gives Daniels a chance to sign with a team with enough time to learn the system vs had GB waited until the cutdown date in late August.  One could argue there is no great time for a player to be cut.  Having more time to find a landing spot is generally better than having less time.