Mike Daniels released

Leader

1 minute ago, Chili said:

Quoting is necessary as you could've edited your post ya sneaky bastard! xD

meh, I wouldn't do that. I'm excited to worship Cousins as an MVP candidate. Plus as a Vikings fan, I will talk more about the Packers than I did as a Packers fan, just like they do. lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MattVikings said:

hope he sacks Rodgers 20 times

Cool thanks bye. Are you all ready for 4th grade yet? New backpack? Coolest colored crayons?? Lime green trapperkeeper?

It's coming up quick little buckaroo

Edited by Norm
  • Like 3

CHTV: The Packers Needed Daniels' Cap Savings

The Packers needed to free up some cap space if the team wants to retain the services of multiple players on a long-term basis.  Overthecap is showing the Packers with $14.32M in 2019 cap space under the Rule of 51 and projects the Packers to have $9.07M in cap space in 2020 after the Lowry signing and the release of Mike Daniels.  Fans can anticipate that the 2019 cap space will decrease by a minimum $2.4M or so when the regular season starts. The general consensus is that the Packers want to keep Martinez and Clark, at a minimum.  General Manager Gutekunst has publicly expressed his desire to keep Clark around, but has been more circumspect about Martinez. What about retaining the services of Allison, Crosby, Fackrell, Spriggs, Lewis (or a replacement #2 tight end), and even Bulaga? 

In my "non-Russ Ball mind" I think in a "cushier" time and based on money alone (not field performance, potential ongoing injury issues....) - Daniels would probably have played out his contract - but with recent extensions and the FA signings, the collar was getting a bit tighter.

Edited by Leader

Hopefully this works out better for us than TJ Lang leaving for Detroit.  He surely got the last laugh.  He got 19 million from Detroit while getting the immense enjoyment of going 4-0 against Green Bay while there.  The Lions have almost dominated the rivalry over the last 5 years.  We're a gifted hail merry from just 3 wins against them in the last 5 years. 

Good Luck Big Mike.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SSG said:

Hopefully this works out better for us than TJ Lang leaving for Detroit.  He surely got the last laugh.  He got 19 million from Detroit while getting the immense enjoyment of going 4-0 against Green Bay while there.  The Lions have almost dominated the rivalry over the last 5 years.  We're a gifted hail merry from just 3 wins against them in the last 5 years. Good Luck Big Mike.  

TJ getting 19M from DET was their mistake. IMO he didnt put 19M on the field - nor was he the/a reason for the recent head to head results.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

TJ getting 19M from DET was their mistake. IMO He certainly didnt put 19M on the field - nor was he the/a reason for the recent head to head results.

I'm not talking about the Detroit decision. I'm talking about the player's decision.  Lang got 19 million dollars for 2 years and the enjoyment of going 4-0 against the team that didn't think he was good enough anymore.  He didn't have to be a reason to enjoy the domination he seen over Green Bay while on the opposite sideline.  

Edited by SSG