Mike Daniels released

Leader

4 minutes ago, SSG said:

I'm not talking about the Detroit decision. I'm talking about the player's decision.  Lang got 19 million dollars for 2 years and the enjoyment of going 4-0 against the team that didn't think he was good enough anymore.  He didn't have to be a reason to enjoy the domination he seen over Green Bay while on the opposite sideline.  

Understood but what I was saying is (IMO) DET overpayed for him and never got full return on their investment. So while TJ *may have been a happy camper* (something neither of us can possibly know.....) - it sheds no light on GBs football / business decision to move on and TJs presence on the roster (be that on IL or active) didnt play a hand in the recent matchups.

Just now, Leader said:

Understood but what I was saying is (IMO) DET overpayed for him and never got full return on their investment. So while TJ *may have been a happy camper* (something neither of us can possibly know.....) - it sheds no light on GBs football / business decision to move on and TJs presence on the roster (be that on IL or active) didnt play a hand in the recent matchups.

Totally agree it wasn't a great decision for Detroit, my original post had nothing to do with it being a good or bad decision for Detroit (that's obvious IMO).  My point is, I  hope Daniels doesn't enjoy the same laugh that Lang got to enjoy.  Huge paycheck and the enjoyment of watching the team that didn't want him loss every single time he's on the opposite sideline.  

12 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I would have said the same until I saw he signed with Detroit. Knew the money would be the key(and of course facing GB twice likely fueled it a bit as well)

except that there were 13 teams interested and all were willing to pay in that ballpark.  Detroit has not too much to do with his market, except that he chose them over the other 12 options.

Pretty clear that they botched not getting a pick out of this.

5 minutes ago, SSG said:

Totally agree it wasn't a great decision for Detroit, my original post had nothing to do with it being a good or bad decision for Detroit (that's obvious IMO).  My point is, I  hope Daniels doesn't enjoy the same laugh that Lang got to enjoy.  Huge paycheck and the enjoyment of watching the team that didn't want him loss every single time he's on the opposite sideline.  

We keep AR healthy, I suspect we'll return to dominating DET. As a fan, I'm certainly hoping for that.

We let AR run around like he's 26-27y/o again and hold the ball till the entire defense has time to pummel and crush him - we might suffer defeats like recent.

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

except that there were 13 teams interested and all were willing to pay in that ballpark.  Detroit has not too much to do with his market, except that he chose them over the other 12 options.

13 teams interested but only 4 willing to do a deal in that ballpark*

That said, I agree that I think GB screwed this up. I didn't buy that they couldn't find a single trade partner for Daniels.

Just now, deltarich87 said:

That said, I agree that I think GB screwed this up. I didn't buy that they couldn't find a single trade partner for Daniels.

So - why would you think they'd pass on a trade offer? Perhaps they didnt want to trade Daniels to the team (or teams) expressing interest.

Just now, Leader said:

So - why would you think they'd pass on a trade offer? Perhaps they didnt want to trade Daniels to the team (or teams) expressing interest.

Doesn't do much good if he goes there anyways though.

3 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Just so all the cards are on the table... Daniels was a cap hit of 8.3M to any acquiring team.  So there were at least 4 other teams willing to do a 9.1M deal that didn't get Daniels.  And could have traded a 6th rounder to get daniels for 8.3M... 

Smells like they lit a 5th round pick on fire, and possibly a 4th.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

because they butchered the trade and incorrectly assessed his value.  I'm not sure there's a more cut and dry scenario.

On 7/24/2019 at 10:51 AM, SSG said:

That's a video game type of trade not generally one that occurs in the NFL.  He was an expensive, declining, veteran who's coming off a bad year and is on his last year of his deal.  I can't think of many examples of that sort of trade occurring in the NFL muchless for a 5th rounder.  Heck, Jordan Howard was traded for a 6th.  He was a cheap 24 year old, 1100 yard per season rusher who averaged 8 TDs a year.  

Bumped.

13 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Cause Mathieu got cut and signed for pennies? I don't get how people don't understand by now, teams don't trade for guys being cut.

• Like 6