Browns claim Kasen Williams WR

mistakey

11 minutes ago, mistakey said:

braylon edwards once had 1300 yards

greg little was slow

That 1300 yard season was a fluke.  DA chucked it deep in his General direction and he made tons of circus catches that year.  When passes were actually decent and hit him in the hands or numbers he was pure butter fingers.

being slow is not what caused Little to drop pretty much everything.  It's not that he never got open, he just could not catch.

You know what I'd like to see more of in this thread? People giving me credit for calling the Kasen Williams claim yesterday. I'll wait.

In seriousness though, I like him a lot. Seems like a prototypical #4 type WR. He doesn't generate a lot of separation, but he has really good hands and locates the ball really well. I love the idea of him and Coleman outside with Devalve/Njoku working the middle and Duke underneath on passing downs.

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

And they both mostly had hands of stone.

1300 yards and 16 TDs is not nothing. I think Braylon had concentration drops, he made some incredible grabs over his career. He fell apart with injuries. His knees were no good after 2010. 

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

1300 yards and 16 TDs is not nothing. I think Braylon had concentration drops, he made some incredible grabs over his career. He fell apart with injuries. His knees were no good after 2010. 

No one said that the production from 07 was nothing, but they called it like it was.  He and DA were a one trick pony, BE streak down the field, DA chuck it deep in his general direction, BE makes a circus catch usually for either a big gainer or a TD.  That magical season fell apart however during the 2nd Steelers game when that one trick was exposed.  Take that away, and both players were sunk, as was the team.  Edwards was the master of the circus catch/highlight real play that year, fact remains, easily catchable passes that hit him in the hands or numbers, often times tumbled to the turf incomplete.  That was exposed long before 2010, and outside of 07, on multiple teams, he never put up 1000 yards or double digit TDs.  When something only happens once, its an anomaly.

9 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

No one said that the production from 07 was nothing, but they called it like it was.  He and DA were a one trick pony, BE streak down the field, DA chuck it deep in his general direction, BE makes a circus catch usually for either a big gainer or a TD.  That magical season fell apart however during the 2nd Steelers game when that one trick was exposed.  Take that away, and both players were sunk, as was the team.  Edwards was the master of the circus catch/highlight real play that year, fact remains, easily catchable passes that hit him in the hands or numbers, often times tumbled to the turf incomplete.  That was exposed long before 2010, and outside of 07, on multiple teams, he never put up 1000 yards or double digit TDs.  When something only happens once, its an anomaly.

What? Season fell apart after the 2nd steelers game? After that steelers game the browns finished the season out by going 5-2. Last 7 games Edwards still put up 6TDs. 

Magical seasons didn't fall apart. Browns just got unlucky that 10wins didn't get you into the playoffs

16 minutes ago, buno67 said:

What? Season fell apart after the 2nd steelers game? After that steelers game the browns finished the season out by going 5-2. Last 7 games Edwards still put up 6TDs. 

Magical seasons didn't fall apart. Browns just got unlucky that 10wins didn't get you into the playoffs

Why are you wasting your time?

8 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I think I may have jinxed us that season.

I signed up to these boards with the username QuinnToBraylon or something like that... oops.

lol brutal, Quinn was obviously trash coming out.  I wanted to destroy my TV set when we traded up and made that pick.  I breathed a sigh of relief when we drafted Thomas because we dodged the Quinn bullet.  I would have been happy with either Joe, Peterson, or Johnson.  Then the Browns came back and ripped my heart out at pick 22.  A username including Quinn is on par with the username of turdburglar.

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

our PPG dropped off about 4 points after the 2nd Steelers game compared to before the game.  That is including a week 1 stinker before we went to DA in which we only put up 7.  Remove that game from the average and the drop off is nearly 8 points per game.

Edwards went over 100 yards 1 time after the 2nd Steelers game, he went over 100 3 times prior to that game.  His low point prior to the Steelers game, excluding week 1 before DA took over was 67 yards.  That happened 2 times.  Post 2nd Steelers game, he had 5 games 67 yards or less.  The Steelers game itself, he put up a whopping 16 yards.  Post Steelers he had 6 TDs in 7 games, pre 2nd Steelers game, he had 9 TDs in 7 games (again excluding the week 1 pre DA game).

So yes, if you don't see that fall off, then I don't know what else to tell you.

Archived