Taylor Lewan Suspended First 4 Games

dtait93

This feels like someone (Pollard) trying to be relevant again and I disagree with him.  Yes, there is a long list of substances that are banned.  And when you're entire job depends on not having those in your system, it's your responsibility to make certain you are clean.

Having said that, there is no guarantee that supplements list every single substance.  And there's no guarantee Lewan just got sloppy and took something he thought was clean but included one of that long list of substances.  You also get popped for "abnormally high" testosterone levels even if none of the banned substances showed up.  So I find it hard to believe Pollard can definitively say Lewan knew what he was doing. 

This sounds more like he had an axe to grind and jumped on the opportunity.

• Like 2

It’s a massive loss. Need to go 2-2 in the first four, a lot tougher with Kelly at LT. Really wish we had added another OL this offseason. This on top of the hole at RG and now no competition at RT is scary. Though at least the passing game is loaded with underneath receiving options.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

There’s just no reason to give a professional athlete the benefit of the doubt with PEDs. It’s a strong denial and the polygraph is interesting, but he probably cheated.

I'm curious to what he did to change his routine and get popped.  Been in the league for so long with no issue. Either he been doing it forever or he all the sudden thought he could do something different.

If I was a pro athlete, I'd never change my routine and if I did it would be checked a million times over. 

I’m higher on Kelly than most. Honestly I think he’s one of the best swing OTs in the league. However, he’s not Lewan but I’m definitely comfortable with him playing 4 games. Just going to have to scheme the protections a little more now. 

Edited by ttitansfan4life
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I’m higher on Kelly than most. Honestly I think he’s one of the best swing OTs in the league. However, he’s not Lewan but I’m definitely comfortable with him playing 4 games. Just going to have to scheme the protections a little more now. 

I’m with you about being high on Kelly. 

Two things will help Kelly one minor and one pretty significant.

1) the lesser significant thing is atleast Roger Saffold is beside him a proven veteran guard. It’s not like it’s a rookie like Nate Davis so that helps a little bit

2) the more significant thing is Kelly now has to get the starter reps from day 1. Kelly will get that camaraderie with Saffold from day 1 and will be running all the he plays as the starter from day one which helps

Pollard's overall point is correct. Don't put anything in your body that you're not 110% sure on the ingredients of. I believe that Lewan didn't know, but that's also not an excuse when you get paid as much as he does and should have everything you put in your body tested and sent to the NFL for confirmation on whether it is allowed or not.

32 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

There’s just no reason to give a professional athlete the benefit of the doubt with PEDs. It’s a strong denial and the polygraph is interesting, but he probably cheated.

Polygraphs don't mean **** yall.  They're seriously like, hardly better than a coin flip.  That's one reason they're inadmissible in court.

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Polygraphs don't mean **** yall.  They're seriously like, hardly better than a coin flip.  That's one reason they're inadmissible in court.

I’ve always heard it was like 80-90% accurate, which is obviously not good enough for a court of law, but better than a coin flip. Though nowhere near definitive.