Training Camp 2019 News & Updates

TwoUpTwoDown

1 minute ago, Danger said:

The one play where Kessler got hurt, it was on Kessler to change the protection accordingly apparently.

yeah, first glance was "what the hell was that Dillard!"

But that's on the QB, that said Dillard can grow with some Vet moves like a chip punch as he's going over.

But he's been incredibly promising.

I wouldn't trade Lane Johnson for a single player in the NFL outside of Aaron Donald. Least of all for a DE. Dont care which one you name Mack, Miller, ect...!!

Protecting Wentz is Priority #1, #2, #3...... Having intact the best Rightside in the NFL with a healthy Brooks/LJ is invaluable. At no time do I ever want to see another Winston Justice type fiasco where our QB is running for his life. 

If by some ungodly Miracle we struck Gold Twice and Mailata/Dillard appear to be Studs, Future Pro Bowlers, Ect... One will play LT the other a swing or be moved to LG after Peter's retires or gets hurt. Neither is remotely in the same stratosphere as Lane so being his "replacement " if traded, is not an option. Big V? GTFOH!!

2 years from now? Who knows?

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I wouldn't trade Lane Johnson for a single player in the NFL outside of Aaron Donald. Least of all for a DE. Dont care which one you name Mack, Miller, ect...!!

Protecting Wentz is Priority #1, #2, #3...... Having intact the best Rightside in the NFL with a healthy Brooks/LJ is invaluable. At no time do I ever want to see another Winston Justice type fiasco where our QB is running for his life. 

If by some ungodly Miracle we struck Gold Twice and Mailata/Dillard appear to be Studs, Future Pro Bowlers, Ect... One will play LT the other a swing or be moved to LG after Peter's retires or gets hurt. Neither is remotely in the same stratosphere as Lane so being his "replacement " if traded, is not an option. Big V? GTFOH!!

2 years from now? Who knows?

I was just wondering thinking about what we should do with Dillard and Mailata both looking like potential future studs.

Lane still has 3-4 prime years left and maybe more. I would think the move would be to have Mailata at guard to either replace Brooks in a couple years or replace Seamulo when and if he replaces Kelce who may retire soon.

Peters says he’s open to playing guard. I wonder if we can squeeze a year or two more out of JP and have Dillard start next year. Let Jordan continue to develop and eventually take over for JP and then slide him to the right for whoever eventually. I mean, that’s crazy wishful thinking but that would be pretty ideal. I don’t know if Jordan had guard potential. He is 6’8. 

54 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Peters says he’s open to playing guard. I wonder if we can squeeze a year or two more out of JP and have Dillard start next year. Let Jordan continue to develop and eventually take over for JP and then slide him to the right for whoever eventually. I mean, that’s crazy wishful thinking but that would be pretty ideal. I don’t know if Jordan had guard potential. He is 6’8. 

Peters at guard is something i've not heard. interesting. going hot take on those 47 snaps it looks like DIllard can step in and start next year so decisions will need to be made. Peters at guard would be saucy...

53 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

As much as I love holding on to all time Eagles players i'm opposed to the "JP to guard" conversations. He's not likely to take a significant pay cut so he would be one of the highest paid guards out there and with Carson getting his contract I don't think we can afford to have two top 10 guard contracts. I'd much rather develop/draft guys to take that spot like Seumalo is currently.

1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:

As much as I love holding on to all time Eagles players i'm opposed to the "JP to guard" conversations. He's not likely to take a significant pay cut so he would be one of the highest paid guards out there and with Carson getting his contract I don't think we can afford to have two top 10 guard contracts. I'd much rather develop/draft guys to take that spot like Seumalo is currently.

good point, would be a financial decision then. unless the new CBA blows the salary cap up to 300 mill like a dream I had and all these problems go away

On 8/16/2019 at 4:56 PM, Hockey5djh said:
On 8/16/2019 at 12:40 PM, Danger said:

He's a good candidate for PS this season, contend for a roster spot next year at G IMO.

I highly doubt we're going to be using a 6'6" dude as a guard but I agree he'll be a good practice squad guy and maybe he can crack the roster if Peters retires and/or if Big V moves on as an FA next year.

“Another opportunity there at tackle and guard just to kind of see where he’s at. Another young, talented guy,” Pederson said. “He’s athletic enough (to play both positions), he’s smart. We worked him out a couple weeks ago. I really think that he’s a guy we can do that with.”

Good call @Danger

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 10:25 AM, Hockey5djh said:

Also, there is no doubt in my mind that Daeshon Hall will make this team as a back-up DE.

I know this is probably obvious at this point but....

One lineup note for the second-team defense: Derek Barnett’s participation with the ones pushes Vinny Curry down a slot to second-team right defensive end. Daeshon Hall takes the reps as the second-team left defensive end (which he has earned), leaving Josh Sweat relegated to the third team. (BW)

On 8/16/2019 at 1:57 AM, Kiltman said:
On 8/16/2019 at 12:44 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

How's my boy Alex Singleton been for you guys? I saw he had a good PFF grade week one and he had 5 tackles today. Huge fan of him from when he dominated the CFL.

Haven't been able to pay too much attention to him on the first watches.

Showed some athleticism, had a couple nice fills from the part I'm watching now.
Led the team in tackles, Eagles post game crew, specifically Ray Didinger, like him.

Weird to have some young LBs that could maybe be rosterable (with Edwards as well)

At one point, Brown runs inside and does not return. Alex Singleton takes his place in the base defense.

Looks like Singleton has the edge on that roster spot. (Starters were Gerry- Fort - Brown on this day)

9 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Looks like Singleton has the edge on that roster spot. (Starters were Gerry- Fort - Brown on this day)

I don't care who makes the team, I'm just tired of Gerry.

Honestly if we go Bradham, Brown, KGH, Singleton, and Edwards that's completely fine with me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

This! Only way I'd even entertain the nothing is if a major injury occurs with another upfront OR He took a Significant pay cut. Latter isnt happening and I hope the Injury doesnt occur.

Can you imagine Dillard /Mailata  side by side opposite Brooks/LJ? Todd Herremans was 6'6, not 6'9 but Jordan is super athletic and could possibly make that switch?