Training Camp 2019 News & Updates

TwoUpTwoDown

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I don't care who makes the team, I'm just tired of Gerry.

Honestly if we go Bradham, Brown, KGH, Singleton, and Edwards that's completely fine with me.

I'm with ya there, Gerry hasn't shown me anything over the past two years. Hell he hasn't even "flashed" in either training camp like Edwards and Singleton both have this year.

48 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Hollins is as good as gone. Johnson and Michel have been performing better and deserve a look at the 5th/6th spots. Maybe that’s a hasty take but if we’re deciding on this years camp, Mack is cut. 

Do the other guys provide ST value? I think that’s where Mack separates himself from the pack 

29 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

Do the other guys provide ST value? I think that’s where Mack separates himself from the pack 

One or the other has been in the mix for punt returner. Is Mack a gunner? I can’t remember. But yea, you’re right. There is value. We’ll see how it shakes out. Still some time left to impress. Or get himself right. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RBreezy said:

12 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

One or the other has been in the mix for punt returner. Is Mack a gunner? I can’t remember. But yea, you’re right. There is value. We’ll see how it shakes out. Still some time left to impress. Or get himself right. 

@RBreezy hit the nail on the head. With how deep we are up top our 5th WR will probably only see the field in special teams scenarios and that is where Hollins has made his bread and butter. While its been disappointing that he's had a few drops he's still showing up in special teams. @Jroc04 Mack is a gunner, and a pretty damn good one.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

New kicker in camp?

I saw this and chuckled - nothing more, nothing less.

Only problem is she took 4-5 steps for a Field Goal try. What she did was more akin to a kickoff. Who knows to what degree she could be effective if she took the 2 steps NFL kickers take. I'm genuinely interested to know. I wouldn't hate giving her an honest to god tryout if Jake Elliot went down.

22 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

I'm with ya there, Gerry hasn't shown me anything over the past two years. Hell he hasn't even "flashed" in either training camp like Edwards and Singleton both have this year.

To be fair, Gerry should've been cut last year. It's time to admit the project did not work and move on. As someone else said we're better off keeping Edwards and Singleton. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Are you guys really critiquing Lloyd’s FG kicking? 

Not calling it critique, rather while admiring what she is capable of, explaining some key differences and why we shouldn't be running to sign her immediately as our new kicker.