Training Camp 2019 News & Updates

TwoUpTwoDown

6 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I gotta commend it. Pretty unprecedented. Watching that presser is pretty telling. He’s clearly battling with his long term health. And really, how can anyone argue that? 

And you really gotta feel for him. I know it’s easy, as a bunch of nobodies posting on a forum to have a strong opinion, but imagine giving up everything you’ve had your whole life. Not easy. 

Yep, took a lot to do that now...must have meant a lot to him. Obviously weighed on him. 

100% get why he did it though...the rehab cycle is a grind. And when you think it could impede your life forever, or you lose the love...maybe it’s time to go.

I gave up my scholarship to play because I could feel the drain on my cognitive ability months after the last big concussion I had in HS. Having to keep doing that to yourself isn’t a fun prospect to some people. And he took years of D1 and NFL lives punishment. Can’t blame him, he obviously tried to push through, or else it wouldn’t be doing it two weeks before the season. And he gave up like $60 mil to do it, which by doing it now will help his teammates 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Danger said:

Lane Johnson teasing about him (and the Eagles O-Line) being in the ESPN Body Issue. never realized just how good of shape he's in for someone of his size.

Every time I see him in full uniform it looks like his limbs are unusually long compared to his torso 

Jim Schwartz says “nice try” when asked to name the Eagles’ second starting corner

When asked about who was getting the start opposite Ronald Darby, Schwartz joked, “nice try.” But then pointed out that they are still working and evaluating and they aren’t set in stone with any of it.

Later on, Schwartz touted Avonte Maddox and his quick-learning versatility, noting that he can’t think of another player who started at three different positions in his rookie season. And not just start, but also to experience success at each of those positions.

Well at least we can confirm it's not absolutely going to be Jalen Mills, there seems to be competition.

Edited by Danger

Some speculation around Mailata today. He missed practice and reporters weren’t given a reason as teams don’t have to disclose that info. But possibly lining up for a Clowney deal?

Would much rather give up Big V as he’s a FA next year and there’s no way he resigns anyway.  But whatever it takes at this point. An addition of Clowney would be incredible. 

33 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Some speculation around Mailata today. He missed practice and reporters weren’t given a reason as teams don’t have to disclose that info. But possibly lining up for a Clowney deal?

Would much rather give up Big V as he’s a FA next year and there’s no way he resigns anyway.  But whatever it takes at this point. An addition of Clowney would be incredible. 

Seen a few tweets about this. Seems like a reach to me, but who knows. A lot of people seem to hate the idea of getting Clowney, too "injury prone" but he's only 3 missed games in the last 3 years. Been a very good player despite still pretty average technique as far as I know, so there's still plenty of room to grow. If price is right, let Howie work his magic and add a stud to our already great front 7.

10 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Seen a few tweets about this. Seems like a reach to me, but who knows. A lot of people seem to hate the idea of getting Clowney, too "injury prone" but he's only 3 missed games in the last 3 years. Been a very good player despite still pretty average technique as far as I know, so there's still plenty of room to grow. If price is right, let Howie work his magic and add a stud to our already great front 7.

I’m hearing the motor isn’t where teams would like it usually. Listening to a podcast today and an insider said he’s one of the best run defenders in the league. And his pass rushing leaves something to be desired at times. Which completely shocked me. I thought it was the opposite. Though the guy did say he’s constantly doubled which tends to weigh on him.  But at this point, it’s just money. If he’s a rental for a year and gets us a 3rd comp after this year then what’s the loss? But see how he performs and maybe resign him, I dunno. I just see a shot to push all in. I’m trying to maximize this run. 2 chips in 3 years? 3 in 4?  That’s amazing. I honestly don’t see the down side. 

I'd rather keep Mailata TBH, hope that isnt remotely true?? Last 6'9" project we gave up on to early turn into the Starting OT for the Steelers the past 5 years and just had B2B Pro Bowl!

Alejandro Villanueva!

Still remember when everyone was laughing at Chip Kelly for bringing him in and trying to kick the tires.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'd rather keep Mailata TBH, hope that isnt remotely true?? Last 6'9" project we gave up on to early turn into the Starting OT for the Steelers the past 5 years and just had B2B Pro Bowl!

Alejandro Villanueva!

Still remember when everyone was laughing at Chip Kelly for bringing him in and trying to kick the tires.

But Dillard has looked great and we have Lane for awhile. Chances are he’d walk for the opportunity to start.

Id love to keep him too, but he’s not untouchable 

Adding Clowney to this D would be plenty worth it. I’m curious if his “motor issues” would go away here in a better scheme fit and playing next to Cox. Would he be a better teammate for Clowney than Watt?

I don’t think it’s gonna happen but who knows.

we have the ammo to do it

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

But Dillard has looked great and we have Lane for awhile. Chances are he’d walk for the opportunity to start.

Id love to keep him too, but he’s not untouchable 

Not saying untouchable but You can never have to many OT. Recent injury history for us has proven just that.

I'm just not a Big V fan.