Training Camp 2019 News & Updates

TwoUpTwoDown

21 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

So you guys are ok with a 1 yr rental with no guarantee he will resign with the Eagles in 2020?

He can't be signed to a long term contract and will be a FA or have to be Tagged at an even higher rate next year. Want no part of that scenario, especially if we're giving up actual value (Picks/Players)!

The real reason, he hasn't been traded yet IMO.  Not many clubs are willing to take the risk. Nor should we.

ok so obviously any trade actually happening is obviously going to be predicated on the condition that an extension must be agreed to in order for the deal to be finalized, not how it works in the NBA, but in the NFL and on and off in MLB that's usually a norm for blockbuster deals.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

The nice thing is he’s tagged as an olb and not a DE, so the tag isn’t as high.

For this season but If he signs with the Eagles, he'd change positions for the 2020 FA to DE since we play a 4-3 Defense would he not?

I get the intrigue especially lining up next to Cox. 

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

ok so obviously any trade actually happening is obviously going to be predicated on the condition that an extension must be agreed to in order for the deal to be finalized, not how it works in the NBA, but in the NFL and on and off in MLB that's usually a norm for blockbuster deals.

He can not in any way shape or form structure , create or sign any long term deal after signing his Franchise Tag Tender! Or so I've been told??? Hence a 1 yr rental with no guarantees!

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Go check! That's all they have said on NFLN, Sirius radio, hell go look through Gen. Once you sign a Tag, thats it for the entire season!

Well it's a good thing that he hasn't signed said tender yet.

Edit: NVM I found an article that explains things better than you did :P 

Howie isn't dumb, he's not going to give up too much that if Clowney were to walk it'd be detrimental to the team. If we trade for him, we'll get a 3rd round comp back, or have a handshake deal to extend at the end of the season for roughly a given amount.

Edited by Danger

I guess if the fall back plan is a Comp pick in 2021 if a long term deal isnt reach after this year, I could get on board depending on the price? Just not sure he wouldn't become another Michael Bennet,  pissed off about playing time, reps, ect...when the Long term contract JC wants need those those things to put up the numbers?

I want a Drama less 2019!!

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I guess if the fall back plan is a Comp pick in 2021 if a long term deal isnt reach after this year, I could get on board depending on the price? Just not sure he wouldn't become another Michael Bennet,  pissed off about playing time, reps, ect...when the Long term contract JC wants need those those things to put up the numbers?

I want a Drama less 2019!!

That would have to be something that Howie sits down with him and say "Look, this is how we do things here, are you on board?" Before finalizing a trade deal.

Just heard Schefter and the guy, Wilson, form the Houston paper on the radio. 

Adam seems to think the price has plummeted. A 4th or a conditional 3rd is what he thinks it takes. He said it’s way more of a concern about fitting him under the cap. I don’t know if he’s super familiar with our situation because we have the room. But as always, he’s never really committal to any news until it’s on his twitter account. Said it’s no real news that the Eagles are in on a player or at least kicking the tires. Howie checks in on everything. 

The other guy said a first is off the table. A second and a player is what’s expected. He mentioned Big V, Clement and Adams (lol) specifically. Said they’re looking for a T, RB or WR. Sans guys like Peters and Johnson. 

For some clarity, the reporter said he’s pretty much a home body guy. Good Dad. His work ethic has improved since his rookie year. Likes to joke with his teammates but is a more reserved guy otherwise. Plays at 255 to 280 but has said he’s more 260 and lean currently. IMO, he may look at this one year as a way to compete for a SB and then reevaluate things after. He can’t renegotiate a contract until after this year. There is a time frame to sign a franchise tagged player and once it passes, he can’t sign a new deal. Of course there can be a wink and a handshake type thing but I’m sure Howie would like to see this year as a tryout before promising a huge deal. 

If Howie is comfortable with the money, I think this is a no brainer. My only concern is the roll over money. That’s a lot of money we could use next year. However, Howie can surely find some ways to get under the cap or trade or restructure some guys of course. My idea would be to resign Clowney in 2020 with his big money kicking in in 2021 while we cut BG and save his money.  But getting him here would not be a problem at all. Big V and a 3rd. And even Adams if you really wanted him. I imagine the Jets would pick Adams up when he’s cut. And then, he’ll be motivated to get that big contract, whether it’s with us or not. And if he goes, a 3rd round comp is almost guaranteed. Big V leaving anyway. I don’t see an issue at all getting him here other than that roll over money. 

And with his versatility, will get plenty of snaps. He’s got LB experience and can play that joker role as a third LB easy. He can be a rush LB in a nickel D on passing downs. I mean, pretty endless opportunities. At this point, I’ll be disappointed if it doesn’t happen.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

If Howie is comfortable with the money, I think this is a no brainer. My only concern is the roll over money. That’s a lot of money we could use next year. However, Howie can surely find some ways to get under the cap or trade or restructure some guys of course. My idea would be to resign Clowney in 2020 with his big money kicking in in 2021 while we cut BG and save his money.  But getting him here would not be a problem at all. Big V and a 3rd. And even Adams if you really wanted him. I imagine the Jets would pick Adams up when he’s cut. And then, he’ll be motivated to get that big contract, whether it’s with us or not. And if he goes, a 3rd round comp is almost guaranteed. Big V leaving anyway. I don’t see an issue at all getting him here other than that roll over money. 

I'm more on board with it when you put in that way.

While yeah, the $10M in dead cap is disappointing. Cutting ties with BG in that season does save us $6M in cap that season.

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm more on board with it when you put in that way.

While yeah, the $10M in dead cap is disappointing. Cutting ties with BG in that season does save us $6M in cap that season.

A lot of things can and will happen in 2 years. Will JJ push AJ out? Probably. Jenkins, McCleod, Bradham, D Jax probably all gone. Who knows. That’s just what came to my head initially. Maybe the dead money prohibits it. 

Edited by Jroc04

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

A lot of thanks can and will happen in 2 years. Will JJ push AJ out? Probably. Jenkins, McCleod, Bradham, D Jax probably all gone. Who knows. That’s just what came to my head initially. Maybe the dead money prohibits it. 

Ooooh you know what. If we June 1st BG in 2021 in goes to $3.375M in dead cap and $13M in savings. Hell yeah man.

Restructuring Lane and Fletch in $2021, June 1sting BG, and cutting Alshon puts us at $57M in cap space come 2021. We good.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Adam seems to think the price has plummeted. A 4th or a conditional 3rd is what he thinks it takes. He said it’s way more of a concern about fitting him under the cap. I don’t know if he’s super familiar with our situation because we have the room. But as always, he’s never really committal to any news until it’s on his twitter account. Said it’s no real news that the Eagles are in on a player or at least kicking the tires. Howie checks in on everything. 

The other guy said a first is off the table. A second and a player is what’s expected. He mentioned Big V, Clement and Adams (lol) specifically. Said they’re looking for a T, RB or WR. Sans guys like Peters and Johnson. 

I think once it got out he was already talking to teams it killed it, that doesn't happen that often as far as I know.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Ooooh you know what. If we June 1st BG in 2021 in goes to $3.375M in dead cap and $13M in savings. Hell yeah man.

Restructuring Lane and Fletch in $2021, June 1sting BG, and cutting Alshon puts us at $57M in cap space come 2021. We good.

I wonder if BG would restructure to stay and finish out here, with Clowney he will be able to play longer.
Just as an option to not do him a tad dirty a year after an extension. It's a business, but good to avoid that stuff when you can.

Just now, Kiltman said:

I wonder if BG would restructure to stay and finish out here, with Clowney he will be able to play longer.
Just as an option to not do him a tad dirty a year after an extension. It's a business, but good to avoid that stuff when you can.

Honestly it'd have to be less of a restructure and more of a pay cut.