Training Camp 2019 News & Updates

TwoUpTwoDown

Just now, Danger said:

Honestly it'd have to be less of a restructure and more of a pay cut.

Just add a year and stretch it a bit, or just kick the money til later...cause the cap will be taking a hike up. Even if BG fades, he will still be a sold rotational guy for a couple years.

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think once it got out he was already talking to teams it killed it, that doesn't happen that often as far as I know.

From what I’ve read, he was going to play and sign the tender but heard he was being shopped. He then asked to talk to teams, didn’t like that his agent was trying to reconcile with the Texans and fired him. Took a meeting with the Dolphins that went well but he’d rather play for Eagles or Seahawks. Heard the Phins don’t want to give up Tunsil. And really for a rebuilding team, why would they? But nonetheless, Clowney holds the cards by not signing the tender. And with the cap room plus his preferences which he has absolute upper hand over, his price HAS to be way down. The Texans would be negotiating with one team. Bad business for them. Good for us. And also, I think this would go away quite quickly if Howie wasn’t interested. It would just be a simple, “Hey, appreciate the interests, but we’re not looking to add you.” But I think Howie, with how low the price is, just got very interested. Hell, Tate for a 3rd or Clowney for a 3rd? In retrospect, that’s not even a debate. Howie would do the Clowney deal if he did the Tate deal. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Eagles aren’t trading for Clowney. K. Bye 

We shouldn't make Clowney angry. If he wants to come here, we should let him in.

Give them their choice of Mills, Douglas, Clement, Sweat, Agholor, and Vaitai, then throw in any pick besides a 1st. Give them Jordan Howard if we have to. I've got Sanders in 2 fantasy leagues and I'd prefer he gets the Lion share.

1 minute ago, eagles18 said:

why not tho? Jadevon is a bonafide super star and barnett has yet to prove himself. 

Because Barnett still has a large amount of potential and he wasn't able to show himself after his rookie season due to the injury. Calling Clowney a "Superstar" is a bit of an overstatement. And you're just generally overpaying for him.

Giving up a 2nd + some combination of:
Agholor
Mailata/Vaitai
Clement/Adams/Smallwood
(And/or if need be Maddox/Douglas/Jones)

Is a much better deal for us. Not saying they need 1 player at each of those positions, but they're far wiser players for us to give up and would be sufficient compensation.