Training Camp 2019 News & Updates

TwoUpTwoDown

31 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

https://www.hiptoro.com/p/nfl-rumors-jadeveon-clowney-trade-deal-with-eagles-seahawks-or-dolphins-is-confirmed/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Not a plausible source but a Clowney trade is rumored to be confirmed. Doesn’t say why yet. Maybe waiting until the last preseason games are over. 

interesting, definitely more moving parts with him having to agree to be traded.

If I'm Miami...why? unless you think you can't get him in FA.
But they are gonna suck for at least two years.

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

interesting, definitely more moving parts with him having to agree to be traded.

If I'm Miami...why? unless you think you can't get him in FA.
But they are gonna suck for at least two years.

He’s only going to Miami if everyone else isn’t interested. I think if Howie could manipulate his cap hit, he’d be in. But he may not because that roll over money is so valuable. As for Miami, I have no idea why they’d even want him. And why the hell would you trade a good young T that protects your QBotF or next QBotF? Trading for a guy like Clowney, especially given his cap hit, one would think, would be reserved for teams knocking on the door. Would be really dumb in Miami’s case, IMO. 

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Seen a proposed deal of:

Clowney

2020 1st

for

Dillard

I dont think I do it knowing how close Peters is to falling completely off the cliff. 

saw that was what someone came up with earlier in the week

Big risk there

Though that pick could be pretty good, Texans are going from easiest schedule to hardest.

25 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Seen a proposed deal of:

Clowney

2020 1st

for

Dillard

I dont think I do it knowing how close Peters is to falling completely off the cliff. 

No way i'm letting Dillard go. Franchise tackles are far more valuable than pass rushers

43 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Seen a proposed deal of:

Clowney

2020 1st

for

Dillard

I'd do that and Run like a Thief in the night!!! THIEF!!!.

You guys are telling me if before the 2019 Draft if that offer was on the board..

Eagles Trade 2019 1st # 22nd overall for

Jadeveon Clowney and a 2020 1st (most likely 20th-27th)

You wouldn't take it? GTFOH!! I'd be furious as a Texans Fan! Zero way that's on the board,Zero!

Edited by Nabbs4u

40 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Seen a proposed deal of:

Clowney

2020 1st

for

Dillard

Honestly sounds like something a fan made up to me, but not out of the realm of possibility. 

Just now, Danger said:

Hmmm. Hopefully this bodes well for us. I don't know how often Seattle actually actually goes out of their way to make deals.

they make trades a decent amount, and made one for Duane Brown a couple years ago. Though the people who where involved are all probably got in Houston.
The Seahawks also have a real bad situation right now with injuries at rush

32 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'd do that and Run like a Thief in the night!!! THIEF!!!.

You guys are telling me if before the 2019 Draft if that offer was on the board..

Eagles Trade 2019 1st # 22nd overall for

Jadeveon Clowney and a 2020 1st (most likely 20th-27th)

You wouldn't take it? GTFOH!! I'd be furious as a Texans Fan! Zero way that's on the board,Zero!

A lot of moving parts there though. Getting Clowney before the draft would afford us to resign him at a better number for this year. And I believe that’s what is holding Howie up. Plus, before the draft there’s no way in knowing who will be available. The Eagles clearly valued Dillard highly. If you’re the Eagles and you rated him a top 8 pick and he fell, you’d find yourself extremely fortunate. And now they had the luxury of working him out and seeing how good he can be.

Clowney (resigned contract) and a 2020 1st for our 2019 1st in March? Sure 

Clowney (expensive cap hit with no guaranteed extension) and a 2020 1st for Andre Dillard who looks like our 12 year LT tomorrow? Nah.