Training Camp 2019 News & Updates

TwoUpTwoDown

29 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

While I agree with all of the above, doesn't it speak volumes that the Dolphins were willing to let him walk instead of themselves building their OL around him?

Now Tunsil is an upgrade over any of the pathetic OL currently on that roster but now the Texans have to pay him Top $$. Hope he is the long term answer, just curious why despite the Haul ,the Dolphins gave him up if he truly was a Franchise LT? That's all.

B.O.B is in desperation mode , knowing this is his chance, is his last hurrah IMO so who cares about 2021 and beyond, if I'm not going to be here anyways? Mindset IMO of someone who doesnt have to answer to a GM at the moment.

Probably. But Dolphins are going full regress into 3 year tank mode. And you always have to consider the owner and his bottom line. They’re aren’t going to compete for a while. Hell, they’re starting Fitz instead of Rosen. Tank, make your money, hit on the draft and see where you are in a couple years. Trading Tunsil gives them a good leg up on that plan. I’d rather just blow it completely up then have a CFL team with a pro bowl LT. It’s like a worse version than the Browns and Joe Thomas. Never got them anything. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Probably. But Dolphins are going full regress into 3 year tank mode. And you always have to consider the owner and his bottom line. They’re aren’t going to compete for a while. Hell, they’re starting Fitz instead of Rosen. Tank, make your money, hit on the draft and see where you are in a couple years. Trading Tunsil gives them a good leg up on that plan. I’d rather just blow it completely up then have a CFL team with a pro bowl LT. It’s like a worse version than the Browns and Joe Thomas. Never got them anything. 

the dolphins have an extra pick in every round year now lol

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

The Dolphins seem to be the only team in that division that understands that they won't be able to win it until Brady is gone. So acquire assets.

52 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

The simple move of jumping Houston to get Dillard caused one hell of a ripple effect. Whatever happens to Houston and Miami in the next few years, remember that move.

and dillard has looked great this offseason might end up being one of howies best picks

3 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

The simple move of jumping Houston to get Dillard caused one hell of a ripple effect. Whatever happens to Houston and Miami in the next few years, remember that move.

Yeah interesting to draw that thread going forward. Net gain this year was a negative one for us this year. Since Dillard won’t play and Clowney makes Seattle more of a contender than they were before. But long term should be great, Dillard has looked fantastic. Going more or less from Tra, to JP, to Dillard will be amazing.

Interesting how Miami does their rebuild, as someone pointed out Cleveland’s first attempt at doing this netting them basically no one a couple years ago. For their sake I’m glad they didn’t hitch their wagon to Rosen, but it was dumb to trade for him.

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

For their sake I’m glad they didn’t hitch their wagon to Rosen, but it was dumb to trade for him.

What if Rosen actually works out? Then all of those picks can help support him moving forwardf.  This obsession with Tua is nuts right now.

I imagine that Rosen will have all the opportunities to be the starter but what a crappy situation for him. Highly debatable but maybe McNabb doesn’t get to land in Philly with Andy and he ends up being half the QB he was. Sometimes it just depends on a good QB landing in the right place. But if that same QB lands in disarray, maybe he never gets his career off the ground. Kurt Warner was a HoF QB bagging groceries at one point. Someone derailed that guy’s potential for a long time. 

• Like 1

r591297_2_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=920&h=518&

Saw this on ESPN. Shareef MIller for being so small of a DE looking kinda out of shape.

Edit: Coulda sworn the dude was still in the high 230s, I guess he put on a lot of weight leading up to the draft and hasn't really utilized it properly yet?

Edited by Danger