Training Camp 2019 News & Updates

TwoUpTwoDown

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Mazda Mailata getting punked by everyone. Oh well. He would have been a fun story, but ultimately he's a 7th round pick who had less experience playing football than most of us on this forum before we drafted him.

I want to see Ostman, Sweat, and Barnett go against Dillard and Lane.

The reports on Sidney Jones are encouraging, but health is always gonna be his biggest question mark.

Have to like what we're reading about Sanders. He's basically a mix of Shady/Guice. Not quite as shifty as Shady, not quite as powerful as Guice, but similar in that he's going to break a big run or screen pass for a huge gain, and then get caught from behind before he can score a TD. Etienne, Taylor, Swift, Saquon, Zeke, and yes, Darrell Henderson would have got the TD, but you're still really happy that your RB made some dudes look silly and put your team in a good position to score.

I wonder if they pivot with Mailata at some point. Try and make him something else.

he was always a project, still time to develop 

I mean even if he can become a serviceable swing tackle at some point it’s a great find

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2019/07/30/jason-peters-says-hes-open-to-playing-guard-to-help-extend-his-career/amp/

“Yeah, I’m going to play as long as I can,” Peters said via Philly Voice. “As long as I can do it, I’m going to go. Whether that’s tackle or guard, I can play all the way across the board.”

“I feel better this year than I did last year,” he said. “Last year I was probably if I had to give a take, like 60 or 70 percent, but I just tried to grind it out, just tried to help us win. Some games I played OK, some games I played sh*tty, so I’m looking to bounce back.”

That’s awesome to hear. JP could squeeze another couple years at G possibly. Dudes an animal, it would be incredible. 

16 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I wonder if they pivot with Mailata at some point. Try and make him something else.

he was always a project, still time to develop 

I mean even if he can become a serviceable swing tackle at some point it’s a great find

They should try him at DE.

Dillard--Peters---Kelce--Brooks--Johnson would be nice. Should just start the transition right now if Dillard looks as good as reports say. I'm not expecting Dillard to make the pro bowl if he started at LT, but I bet he'd better than at least 15 of the other 31 starting LT's, and I'd really like to see Peters and Kelce work off each other while Peters still has a couple quick twitch fibers remaining. We know Peters isn't playing 16 games at LT, so might as well get Dillard settled in. Maybe LG is what Peters needs to play 16 games at this point.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Dillard--Peters---Kelce--Brooks--Johnson would be nice. Should just start the transition right now if Dillard looks as good as reports say. I'm not expecting Dillard to make the pro bowl if he started at LT, but I bet he'd better than at least 15 of the other 31 starting LT's, and I'd really like to see Peters and Kelce work off each other while Peters still has a couple quick twitch fibers remaining. We know Peters isn't playing 16 games at LT, so might as well get Dillard settled in. Maybe LG is what Peters needs to play 16 games at this point.

I'll pass. Dont want two players learning on the fly this season. Dillard should be dominating our 2nd and 3rd string DE's? If he wasn't I'd be worried.

Peter's making some seamless Transition to OG is also overly optimistic IMO. It's not that he can't do it but he needs more then 3 weeks to make the switch. Not regular season games to figure it out.

We also need to stop assuming Brooks is penciled in as the Starter week 1 too. While his recovery is going well ahead of schedule,  he damn sure doesn't need to be rush back only to have a set back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'll pass. Dont want two players learning on the fly this season. Dillard should be dominating our 2nd and 3rd string DE's? If he wasn't I'd be worried.

Peter's making some seamless Transition to OG is also overly optimistic IMO. It's not that he can't do it but he needs more then 3 weeks to make the switch. Not regular season games to figure it out.

We also need to stop assuming Brooks is penciled in as the Starter week 1 too. While his recovery is going well ahead of schedule,  he damn sure doesn't need to be rush back only to have a set back.

You can't pass. This is a designed run.

33 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

this logic... lol

i dont get Schwartz's love affair with Gerry and Mills.

Don't know if Nate has ever actually played well in a game.

I'm telling you, there are secret tapes of these three that if it ever got out, careers would be over. 

Mills dressed up like the Green Gobblin

Gerry, Captain Hook

Schwarz: Costume Unknown ?

Only explanation for his Love affair with two scrubs!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1