Training Camp 2019 News & Updates

TwoUpTwoDown

3 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

The one nugget I’m over-reading here is that maybe the Eagles do end up keeping four tight ends after all.

Just doesn't make sense in the big picture though. 4th TE or 5th WR, 5th RB, 10th OL?

After Ertz/Dallas how much playing time us Rodgers going to get let alone the 4th TE? Can they justify making him active on game dats , just as a blocker on ST?

Cuts this year is going to be brutal!!

11 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I read almost every beat writer's notes, and listen to almost every Eagles podcast, and I haven't heard one thing about Malik Jackson.

Wouldn't read to much into it or look on the flipside,  OL is really Good!!

Edited by Nabbs4u

38 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I read almost every beat writer's notes, and listen to almost every Eagles podcast, and I haven't heard one thing about Malik Jackson.

Yeah haven’t heard much, but you don’t usually with interior line at this point. They are kinda held back sometimes

DEs like Sweat and Ostman as popping because eagles beat guys see them on 1on1s and stuff way more. 

Ill be worried a couple games in if he’s a ghost

10 hours ago, Kiltman said:
11 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah haven’t heard much, but you don’t usually with interior line at this point. They are kinda held back sometimes

DEs like Sweat and Ostman as popping because eagles beat guys see them on 1on1s and stuff way more. 

Ill be worried a couple games in if he’s a ghost

Just echoing what Klity said. Generally you don't hear much about lineman in the early days of training camp because they are lighter days and didn't even put pads on until this week. The OL/DL rumblings that you'll hear early on are almost 100% around people playing in new positions or people who are playing in place of regular starters. That said Schwartz has LOVED him some Josh Sweat so far this training camp.

As a FSU fan i'm not sure what to make of it yet, I'm going with the "i'll believe it when I see it approach" because Sweat was one of those guys who always had the size/talent but never consistently put it together.

• Like 1

Ostman has really shown up according to my twitter feed. Too bad it’s at the expense of Mailata. 

Kind of shook they’re throwing Vaitai at OG and then the rumblings he may get traded. Wouldn’t that flexibility ensure his status as the first OL off the bench? Unless he’s starting in preseason I can’t see teams giving up a pick for him. 

I'm looking forward to Howard/Sanders, but I'm still bummed that we're almost definitely not getting Etienne, Taylor, or Swift next year. Those 3 are gonna be studs.

It's all good though if we end up getting Tyler Biadasz, Jalen Reagor, and David Woodward.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2