Training Camp 2019 News & Updates

TwoUpTwoDown

9 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Ostman has really shown up according to my twitter feed. Too bad it’s at the expense of Mailata. 

Kind of shook they’re throwing Vaitai at OG and then the rumblings he may get traded. Wouldn’t that flexibility ensure his status as the first OL off the bench? Unless he’s starting in preseason I can’t see teams giving up a pick for him. 

we drafted an OT in the first round.

6 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

we drafted an OT in the first round.

Dillard is a hit as well according to reporters. 

Must be the reason we’re hearing rumblings about Big V on the block. 

Read an article that Howie’s been on the phones constantly monitoring trade potentials. 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

Read an article that Howie’s been on the phones constantly monitoring trade potentials. 

i think kempski said he has made 25 trades as gm after training camp started

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Yeah if Dillard is lookin good, Brooks is as far as he is. With Wiz as a spot starter, Vaitai is plenty expendable. 

Especially because they have Mailata they want to hold onto.

i just don’t know what position they would want in a player swap, or what kind of pick they could get

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah if Dillard is lookin good, Brooks is as far as he is. With Wiz as a spot starter, Vaitai is plenty expendable. 

Especially because they have Mailata they want to hold onto.

i just don’t know what position they would want in a player swap, or what kind of pick they could get

I imagine you can get a 6th for vaitai.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

I'd rather just keep him for depth at that point.

Issue is roster size at that point, do you keep him over a developmental guy you have control of longer?

Talk of going deep at a lot of positions (RB, TE, OL, DT, DE, Safety and Corner) 

talented guys we will have to let go, if you can fetch a pick and keep one of them at an expense of what is now a 3rd option OLineman....not a terrible move. He kept us afloat for the super bowl run. We got our value out of him.

you have guys like Ostman and Mailata l, that coaches are super high on. Do you risk them to practice squad for a bench player who will be gone next year?

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Issue is roster size at that point, do you keep him over a developmental guy you have control of longer?

Talk of going deep at a lot of positions (RB, TE, OL, DT, DE, Safety and Corner) 

talented guys we will have to let go, if you can fetch a pick and keep one of them at an expense of what is now a 3rd option OLineman....not a terrible move. He kept us afloat for the super bowl run. We got our value out of him.

you have guys like Ostman and Mailata l, that coaches are super high on. Do you risk them to practice squad for a bench player who will be gone next year?

Peters, Lane, Kelce, Brooks, Seumalo, Wiz, Mailata, Dillard, Pryor, and Vaitai. Who else needs a spot? Anyone behind those guys seems like a prime PS candidate. I think Vaitai ends up getting a bigger contract than people think with the way some of these sub par OTs contracts have been lately. Eagles surely get a pick for him. 

Edited by EAGLES3658

8 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Peters, Lane, Kelce, Brooks, Seumalo, Wiz, Mailata, Dillard, Pryor, and Vaitai. Who else needs a spot? Anyone behind those guys seems like a prime PS candidate. I think Vaitai ends up getting a bigger contract than people think with the way some of these sub par OTs contracts have been lately. Eagles surely get a pick for him. 

Haven’t heard much of other guys beyond those.

10 OLinemen is a lot, especially with the versatility some of them have.

I get it if they do, starters got banged up last year. But you’d think they would rather stick with 8 or 9

i agree they’ll be able to get something for him, Oline play in the league is really bad some places. He could start for some teams

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Haven’t heard much of other guys beyond those.

10 OLinemen is a lot, especially with the versatility some of them have.

I get it if they do, starters got banged up last year. But you’d think they would rather stick with 8 or 9

i agree they’ll be able to get something for him, Oline play in the league is really bad some places. He could start for some teams

I believe they carried 10 last year which is why I went with 10. Not sure about that though.

Mazda Mailata getting punked by everyone. Oh well. He would have been a fun story, but ultimately he's a 7th round pick who had less experience playing football than most of us on this forum before we drafted him.

I want to see Ostman, Sweat, and Barnett go against Dillard and Lane.

The reports on Sidney Jones are encouraging, but health is always gonna be his biggest question mark.

Have to like what we're reading about Sanders. He's basically a mix of Shady/Guice. Not quite as shifty as Shady, not quite as powerful as Guice, but similar in that he's going to break a big run or screen pass for a huge gain, and then get caught from behind before he can score a TD. Etienne, Taylor, Swift, Saquon, Zeke, and yes, Darrell Henderson would have got the TD, but you're still really happy that your RB made some dudes look silly and put your team in a good position to score.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2