Robo calls

Has anyone else been getting lit up with these in the past year or so?  I can't go a day without getting 2-3 robocalls from these freaking people and nothing makes me wanna murder someone more than receiving these.

I have recently decided that staying on the line and abusing the employees on the other end of the line is therapeutic, considering asking them to take you off of their list is utterly pointless.

How is this legal? I'm running for president in 2020 and my campaign will be solely based on doxxing these people.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Has anyone else been getting lit up with these in the past year or so?  I can't go a day without getting 2-3 robocalls from these freaking people and nothing makes me wanna murder someone more than receiving these.

I have recently decided that staying on the line and abusing the employees on the other end of the line is therapeutic, considering asking them to take you off of their list is utterly pointless.

How is this legal? I'm running for president in 2020 and my campaign will be solely based on doxxing these people.

Its not. Register your number on the national "do not call" list. And instead of attacking the kid doing his job, simply tell them to remove you from the list or you will report their company. Their are strict fines for calling after you have requested to be removed from their call list. 

Edited by Matts4313

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Its not. Register your number on the national "do not call" list.

Already did.

And instead of attacking the kid doing his job, simply tell them to remove you from the list or you will report their company.

I've tried this several times. And each time I have some different 7/11 worker telling me, "Suck blank blank, you blankety blank!"

Their are strict fines for calling after you have requested to be removed from their call list. 

How do I fine them and get their company in trouble? They robocall me, I click to talk to an employee, and then they basically tell me to go eff myself when I am polite. So I went the route of ruining their self-esteem with insults.

These are scams, not promotions. They are calling about faux electric bills that haven't been paid and credit cards that are supposedly allowing me to cut my bill in half. These aren't real companies.

My kids had their phone lit up 8 times by them a couple days ago.

By the 3rd one they were teeing off as soon as they answered. "IM JUST A KID! STOP CALLING YOU PERVERT! ITS CHILD ABUSE!" Everything they could think of to yell. They did. I was trippin out hard.

This isn’t hard folks.  Just say hello, tell them you’re not interested and you’d like to be taken off their call list.  Then tell them to have a nice day.  

I did telemarking when I was in college and I can assure you a few things;

1. You’re not as clever as you think you are.  

2. They can’t engage with you.  You didn’t just steal their soul, you shot a fish in a barrel and were proud of your accomplishment.

3.  If you treated me like a jerk, I definitely wasn’t opting you out of calls.  

Do with that what you like....

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

It's not legal, but there's currently no solution to stopping them AFAIK.  The number they're calling you from isn't really their number (they're spoofing it), so you can't track them down.  So they don't respect the do not call registry, because why would they have to?  No one can catch them.

Best approach is if you don't have the number programmed in your phone, don't answer.

Funny story though:

A few weeks ago i got a call from some random that i ignored like i do every random number.  This one left a voicemail though.  Not altogether odd, but it only happens on maybe 1/10 calls, so i listened to it.

It was a real guy (not a telemarketer) telling me to eff off and stop calling him.

I really wanted to call him back and educate him on phone number spoofing, but decided i'd let him figure out.

3 minutes ago, theJ said:

Best approach is if you don't have the number programmed in your phone, don't answer.

Do you know if there a way to send a 1 million volt electric shock through the phone ?
It doesn't have to be lethal, I just wanna fry their tiny brains a bit