Robo calls

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Absolutely. Up here in Canada it's getting outrageous.

Oh I'm sure it's brutal.

"Heyo ya interested in gettin the ol cable upgraded?"
"Ooh no soorey I've already got da stick and puck so I'm feelin tootin good aboot my cable thanks"
"Ookay well if ya ever change yer mind just call us right up now. Sorrey for bothering you."

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Oh I'm sure it's brutal.

"Ooh no soorey I've already got da stick and puck so I'm feelin tootin good aboot my cable thanks"
"Ookay well if ya ever change yer mind just call us right up now. Sorrey for bothering you."

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d3a2aa7684c426c6b

• Like 2

i ignore non-saved numbers. but this chick i went out w/ last week was saying she like sued some telemarketing company that was calling her a lot i guess. i was like why don't you just ignore them or change your number and then she got really worked up and shortly after i was like i gotta go actually and left 

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Oh I'm sure it's brutal.

"No! I'm sorrey for not saying yes, it's really my fault."

"Oh no. It's not your fault. Don't you worry aboot it."

"No really, I'm sorry."

"No I am."

"Ok. Bye."

"Bye, sorry."

"Sorry."

"Sorry"

*dial tones*

Just now, Dome said:

"No! I'm sorrey for not saying yes, it's really my fault."

"Oh no. It's not your fault. Don't you worry aboot it."

"No really, I'm sorry."

"No I am."

"Ok. Bye."

"Bye, sorry."

"Sorry."

"Sorry"

*dial tones*

That many sooreys that quickly in Canada is legally declared phone sex.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BornToFly said:

I just don't answer the phone unless I know who's calling.  If it's any kind of importance, they'll leave a message.  

The problem I have with that is all of my business calls are forwarded to my cell phone, so I have people I don’t know calling me all of the time.  

• 2 weeks later...

I work in IT and support hundreds of people with company cell phones.  I am constantly getting asked what can be done.  Unfortunately, there is very little I can do outside of telling them to simply hang up if they are not someone they know or if they don't identify their company/name of one of our vendors or customers.  I also get many of these calls on my personal phone number.  2-3 a day, probably, and I do not give out my number to just anyone.  People I am close with(half a dozen or so) or the companies I pay bills through only.

I don't mean to laugh at "they're just trying to do their jobs," but those are not what we're talking about here.  Those are telemarketers and are not supposed to be calling you if you did not give them your number and/or you are on the "do not call" list.  They could absolutely be fined if they break the rules.

The ones we're all pretty much talking about are spoofed numbers who are rolling through phone numbers on some type of algorithm.  There seems to be two kinds.  1-8xx numbers and numbers that are similar to your own.  For instance, if your number starts with 480-340-xxxx, you'll get calls with those same prefixes.  They are scams.  Car Warranty, "You won a prize," "I'm a process server," "you owe money from an account that's 9 years old," etc..  Do not interact with them.  In fact, do not even answer the call(flags your number as a "good" number) if you can help it.

I think there will eventually be a crack down on these kinds of calls, but for now, we're just going to have to deal with it.