Robo calls

On 7/25/2019 at 9:15 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The person on the other end is just some poor schmuck trying to earn a paycheck.  And they didn’t personally call you, as you seem to be aware.

Abusing them doesn’t help the situation and makes you look like an arse.

This isn't what he is talking about. He is talking about scammers. Scammers aren't trying to 'earn a paycheck' they are trying to rip you off

On 7/25/2019 at 9:38 AM, theJ said:

Funny story though:

A few weeks ago i got a call from some random that i ignored like i do every random number.  This one left a voicemail though.  Not altogether odd, but it only happens on maybe 1/10 calls, so i listened to it.

It was a real guy (not a telemarketer) telling me to eff off and stop calling him.

I really wanted to call him back and educate him on phone number spoofing, but decided i'd let him figure out.

This is the real issue. The phone companies need to prevent a way for people to spoof numbers.  I have a few stories about spoofing numbers but not enough time to explain them. lol 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2019 at 8:12 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not gonna lie, never experience one.

Have at those fools though.

This is a fair example of the scammers he's referencing to. The IRS isn't going to ask for payment in the form of Target gift cards.

I've actually got a few of these calls - I try to keep them on the line, with some wild, forum inappropriate banter. 

Good times.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 12:55 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I sold subscriptions for a catholic magazine.

I’m the least religious person on the planet.

Letsgo is confirmed that guy from Office Space:

Good evening Sir, my name is Steve. I come from a rough area. I used to be addicted to crack but now I am off it and trying to stay clean. That is why I am selling magazine subscriptions.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

when they ask, "is _____ home tonight?"

i say "sure, i'll get him," and set the phone down on the table.

This never bothered me when I did telemarketing.

If you think having a legit reason to sit and scroll through my phone on the clock is an issue, I assure you it ain’t.

On 8/29/2019 at 6:28 AM, vike daddy said:

when they ask, "is _____ home tonight?"

i say "sure, i'll get him," and set the phone down on the table.

My mom’s old favorite but it was 

”sure I’ll grab him, he’s on the toilet”

then a very heated but very fake argument with my dad who is pretending to be on the toilet with grunting sounds and all.

Then “he says it’s gonna be another 20”

they usually declined to wait.

On 8/20/2019 at 5:57 AM, ET80 said:

I've actually got a few of these calls - I try to keep them on the line, with some wild, forum inappropriate banter. 

You ever get religious door to door folks?

I think I’ve figured it out (I mean other than not answering the door or just telling them to beat it, but then you’re giving up an opportunity to mess with a stranger guilt free).

The last two times the Mormons have showed up at my doorstep I’ve been day drinking. Heavily day drinking. Usually I’m friendly and let them talk for a minute before I boot em off the porch, but when I’m drinking I’m even more friendly with them.

First time it happened I let them do pretty much their whole spiel and played along for about 5 minutes before I told them I couldn’t trust them unless less they drank with me. They nervously laughed, then they gave me a “free book” and told me to give them a $10 donation for it. I laughed and said they were trying to trick me cause I was drunk. They laughed nervously again. We all kinda silently acknowledged this little chat wasn’t gonna get anywhere and they went along their way. It was the easiest I’ve ever got them off my porch without being rude, which I try not to be to them.

Well the next time they showed up I opened the door with whiskey (I knew it was them when I answered, that’s why I grabbed my whiskey when I headed for the door) in my hand and before they could say anything I asked “you guys smoke?” “No.” ”you want to? I got weed.”

They both looked at each other, told me “we can come back later, sorry to bother you” and left.

So that’s all there is to it. Offer them drugs. 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1